Combines HoneyBee flex draper header

land_Surfer

Where did you see the picture of this flex draperIJ Is it on the wwwIJ

hop_a_l

http:__u15205752.onlinehome-server.com_forums_thread-view.aspIJtid=3634andmid=21201nM21201

land_Surfer

It looks similar to a love cutting system. But, I am still not for sure out it flexes (how wide are each flexing segment and what is its vertical range of flex). If a love system, I won't be impressed because they do not flex well. I am still not convinced that drapers are useful in soybeans and other crops were a flex head is used. They have more moving parts, more complicated, higher price, and don't cut as clase as a true platform style flexhead does. A platform style flexhead is designed to operate on the ground ad draper is not. if so, a draper would have full-depth skid plates to support the varied degrees of operation and ground pressure. Operating a flex head where the knife is tipped to lead into the cut and less than 30% of the depth of the header behind the knife is all that touches the ground is not an effective way to operate a flex head. A true flex head runs flat on the ground.

land_Surfer

Notice the reel position relative to the cutter bar. This reel and its limbs are the same as the rigid draper head, meaning, that when they are all the way extended (as in the picture) the leading edge of the draper (where the cutter bar is normally at) is inline with the reel tube. Therefore, the cutter bar of the flex model is farther forward than the reel. Go figure!!! How do I pick up lodged _ short beansIJ How do I reach out and clean off the cutter barIJ I'm done giving the benefit of the doubt. Past exeperience has told me that it is too expensive to support another's growing pains.

en

ive run 3 of the mcdonflex for 2 years.they work great.before i had 930f with airreel crary cutterbar.if 930 is 100% the macdon flex 95% we have rocks so we roll all acres.

NHD

I agree that the relationship between the reel and the sickle is important to keeping the sickle swept clean. I can't tell from the pictures exactly how that works. I think the sickle tilt needs to be able to be easily adjusted so that you can keep it from digging in wet-damp conditions and tipped more down in front in nice dry condtions. The MacDon uses a hdy cylinder to accomplish this. I don't see anything about this header on the HoneyBee web site yet. I wonder about demos and or production models this fall.

Case_Farmer

Well we just got two case 36fters so i hope they work well Just going to use them on beans so i'll keep ya in mind and post you when time comes

new_kid

looks like a contraption what do canadian enginers know about cutting soybeans anyway