Combines TR97 or TR98IJIJ

NHD

Boss Man, I feel sure you are leaning the right way being towar a TR-98. I have have several each. Of course they are similar, but the 98's have the Genesis engine which is a plus. the 98 must have the updated Bubble-up auger drive to make it work great. Be sure the front end of the rotor is ok, the rotor covers need to be ok, the beater and grate need to be checked. If you are going to have a grain tank extension be sure to put a hyd vertical bin auger in to save the bubble up auger. As far as a header is concerned you can't beat a draper especially for the crops you are considering. The HoneyBee draper is best. Mostly because it has a feed auger to get the canola to feed in better. i have a 30' HoneyBee 94C. If you would be interested in buying it. Good luck.

tribe1

NHDon, I have heard many comments over the years about the bubble-up augers on the TR97 and 98's. What kind of problems did they have with the bubble-upIJ We've got a '93 TR96 and haven't had any problems - used mostly in wheat. We just replaced the elevator chains, sprockets, bearings. All augers looked to be fine. As we were doing this, I kept thinking about the bubble-up problems I've read about. Thanks in advance for replies.

JD

I chose a 97 because it still had the manual enages on the seperator and the unload auger. with either you can feel a problem erupting through the handle whereas the 98 is a electric switch to enage both. when new we had trouble getting the unload belt set correctly and lost 2 belts in doing so over the course of 2 crops, can't imagine how you could set it right with an electric switch but it most have been doable, ehIJ JD