Combines Good Bad and the Ugly on the CR 9070

en

no problem with backfeeding in wheat. dont know about 07 models feederchains. in wheat it tends to overload sieves.

Spike

Tobaboy Demoed a 570R along side a 480R last year, they were neck and neck all day and the 570R used a little less fuel but had a larger tank. This was in wheat. Almost all complaints with 400s in our area have been sorted with 500s

tobaboy

Interesting. We ended up going with the 590, can't wait to get her in the field next year. Although I haven't run a 500 series machine yet, I expect that the 400 series problems have been addressed. What do you run right nowIJ I guess the 560r's around here were keeping up with the 580r's due to the dry conditions. Big disappointment if you had a 580, pretty impressive if you had a 560.

Boss_Man

More trash talk.....but you may have a point. I havn't heard much good about the newer NH machines. It seems that Case has gotten better (I think NH used to be superior) and NH has gotten worse in engineering, quality and workmanship. Although I am still a New Holland man; But will only run a TR and not a CR machine. But when the time comes to trade, I will be seriously looking at the Case machines, but only the rotaries. Because I grow canaryseed, mustard and chickpeas etc. up here in SE Central Alberta. I would propbably buy a Gleaner before I buy Case. My neighbour has a 2388 Case IH and cusses about having to replace tin every 500 hours and concaves don't last in more abrassive crops like chickpeas and field peas, etc. But I think for small cereal grains they are good combines. Don't know about corn and don't care; don't grow it this far north......I wish I knew what the f*@$%ing answer was. Depends on what kind of crops you grow and your typical crop conditions for where you farm, I guess. You have to go by your own wits and play it by ear andlike my grandfather used to say, "If you can't pay for it, leave it sit on the shelf". He never borrowed money in his lifetime and neither have I. Maybe that is the key to successIJ........