Combines cr 970 grain loss problems

en

having the same problem in wheat.did ask to get new sieve upgrade but nh said it was only corn_soy machines that got it.the upgrade included a fan upgrade also. had the same cleaning system on my old tx machine and it worked great on them.they where 300hp machines but the capasity was about the same as my 970.i dont know if the throw was different or fan volume was different.

en

having the same problem in wheat.did ask to get new sieve upgrade but nh said it was only corn_soy machines that got it.the upgrade included a fan upgrade also. had the same cleaning system on my old tx machine and it worked great on them.they where 300hp machines but the capasity was about the same as my 970.i dont know if the throw was different or fan volume was different.

newholland

What sieve upgrade is availableIJ Which years and models can get itIJ What do they do to the fanIJ Thanks.

en

the stroke is changed on sieves.and fan is changed over to hydrulic.i thing the 06 have these updates.

CORNKING

Hmm we have had the hydralic fan since 03 maybe if your lucky they will go to cvts like the 8010s the one design that comes to my mind is the seives that Case used was the same as the CRs and it did not work so Case scraped the angle of the seives and came up with there own and now it looks like the CRs are using that also. Soon it will be a yellow 8010 and they can get rid of all those belts.

JHEnt

The shaker angle and speed change update was put in 8010's and corn_soybean CR970's at the same time. The hydraulic drive fan became the cheapest way to bring the fan speeds back into operating range since changing the shaker shoe speed would change the fan speed range as well. The choice was use the hydraulic drive fan or cast all new fan drive pulleys. Cheaper to use the parts already being used on the 8010 than to respec new cast parts. The shaker shoe on all corn_soyben CR960's is being updated now. No change for CR940's since they decided it competes against smaller class size machines. All 2006 CR's have the new shoe shaker geometry and hydraulic fan as standard equipment.

JHEnt

We only have CR940 and 960's in this area. Either run good with 30' heads. Groundspeed is limited by HP on the 940. Both seem easy to set to avoid grain losses. Around here its all dry grain direct cut. I'd say on average run the prechaffer about 1_4" open, upper sieve about 7_16" and lower sieve about 1_4". It helps alot around here to tip the lower windboard about 1_2 of the way upward in its slots or so. The windboards are not easy to get to the bolts on the CR's unlike the TR's were. Fan speed from 850-900rpm. Thats what works here anyway. This is setup with the long finger wide spaced upper sieve and lower sieve for corn_soybean machines.

Cornsheller

There is an air flow problem in the shoe of the CR combines and CIH 8010 and 7010. The air that is blown to the sieves can leak out of the combine (the passage is huge) as there are no seals between the shoe and the combine frame. Go to www.newhollandrochester.com for more info.

nel

Thanks guys for all the information.i had the sieve upgraded to a patterson sieve which help a lot but not enough.i personally think it is a air problem .my windboards where set right to the front.which the dealer noticed when it was in for a check up this fall.so now they put them all the way to the back.so i won_t know till next year.dealer says mine is the only one.to bad i had to get that one lol....thanks again.........nel