Combines Hard Starting

tribe1

We've got a '93 TR96 with the Ford engine (owned for 3 years),and have had no trouble with it starting at all. It seems to start as easily as the Cat engine we had in our previous TR85. Hope you get the problem figured out. If I find anything about such issues on the 'net, I'll pass the word along.

djack

That's good to know. I know my old TR85 with 3208 started really good also. One problem I have found is that I have a fuel line air leak causing system to lose its prime. I'm suspecting the priming pump. Is there a diaphram that goes bad on thoseIJ Thanks

tribe1

In regard to the diaphragm, I couldn't say. I haven't had to mess with an engine on one of our NH's so long, I barely know where the primer pump is. Good luck - hope you resolve the problem.

Harvester

That would probably be the first thing I'd check. We have a few 3208s in White tractors and like the engines, but have had the seals in the priming plunger get dry and start to suck air. Cat sells them pretty reasonably and stocks them, so leads me to believe that they must sell a few.