Combines New 9070

farmerman

What did you decide to go with this timeIJ I think you demoed a few machines. Just curious, and also wondering why. I think we have fairly similar conditions to yours. We had a very wet spring this year, and the germination was not very even and not very good. What is above the ground looks good, but I don't expect too many bumper crops. Time will tell. If you got a 590 I definitely want a harvest report!!!! Hope you have a good harvest.

tobaboy

Hey fella, crops around here look great. Conditions have been ideal so far, but its still a long way from the bin. We'll probably get into some winter wheat by the end of july, beginning of august. We went with a 590, we were sold on the 590 after talking to some guys we know south of us who ran two of them last year, they were very impressed with the machines. They replaced 3 CX 880s with 2 590s, they were doing upwards of 550acres_day with the two machines without a cart. They seem to have made many improvements with the 500 series, I'll let you know what I think in a few months, I'm anxious to get it in the field. Are you still running the 480IJ

farmerman

Happy to hear about your crops and conditions. We still have the 480. Very good in the canola and good in other crops. Hope it gets a good workout this fall. That 590 sounds impressive, but I will wait till I hear from you.

2rotorsrule

I guess you guys can think what you want...on our farm in our crops with our conditions, our TR 98 will take 30 feet to our 480's 36 feet at the same speed all day, and I guess to me, I call that close...some conditions with 480 gets out performed by the TR. TR is a very efficient solid machine you guys....You probably think someone doesn't know how to set it or something stupid, well I can tell you New Holland Support has been with our machine fine tuning it a few times, so have the CAT guys...in fact, the year we bought our CAT I got on after the Caterpillar company people got off from "fine tuning it" and I was able to change a few settings and bring down our dockage numbers, seive and rotor losses, and pick up over 1 mph...trust me, I may not be a "MASTER" at setting the machines, but I feel we do a good job...We get lots of capacity out of both machines, and both are good machines. We know what we're doing by now....Its not all Horsepower...just ask John Deere guys that. Think what you want, this is how it is on our farm.....Cat will take 6 more feet than the TR at same speed...Cat will go faster with a bigger header in soybeans, unless the beans are tough and green, then the TR will out combine the lexion. The lexion harvests way more corn per hour, but the TR will do a cleaner job. TR has a little less damage in field, forage, and chick peas......and thats how it is

2rotorsrule

I toured the factory a month ago and learned some neat things. For example, on my new 9070, they are installing "Trailing Bars" If you are not familiar with them, they are basically 3 rows, with 3 extra rasp bars installed apart from the factory rasp bars...also with the rethreshers that will help.. One more thing, if a machine is ordered as a small grain machine, the concave is adjusted for a clearance of 5 mm concave to rasp bar. if its ordered as a corn bean machine, its set factory at 25 mm. When coverting a corn_bean machine to small grain, you don't just install different concaves...the first time its done the dealership should tighten the clearance up. Between all that, and the fact you can change the concave wedge with one or two bolts per side, there should be no need for any other awning plates....the do recommend the beater cover plate installed...reduces MOG significantly. Otherwise, our machine has not arrived yet....I go get the 42 foot Honeybee Wed. or Thurs. Crops look good. Oats looks really nice and corn is doing well. Wheat expected 35-50 bu. spring wheat and 40-60+ bu. summerfallow wheat.