Combines Why nowIJ

Moose

Maybe claas is pushing them into marketing the machine hard since their last attempt with massey was such a flop.

Jim

Cat will set the level of product support in ag. the way they have in the construction industry.The average Cat dealer is by far the leader in after sale support and lowering their customers cost per hour of operation. The people

Deerebines

Only one question comes to mind when reading this reply.........Does this mean that cat will start up some new or should I say more dealerships per stateIJ The ratio of dealers to farmers as far as deere and caseih are concerned outweigh cat by far!!! Just a thought......

Combineman

I had a harvest bus. for 20 years. Theya re going broke as fast as alot of farmers. The only ones staying in bus. are the ones who have been going for 25+ years. I can't see how it is possible to haul the largest Cat combine. It would require a special trailer (no harvester wants to spend that kind of $$) and permits to move it around. (Again $$$). On top of that, harvesters for the most part hire kids to run the mach. and they would rather teach a kid to run a Deere_CIH that for the most part runs around 4-5mph top speed in the field. It takes a very good, experienced operator to run at higher speeds and do a good job. I think Cat is after the BIG grower who has alot of acers to cover and wants to do it with one mach. CM

Deerebines

CM.....Good point. It was just a thought though. I couldn't resist sharing my 2 cents worth.