Combines cat down time

Coors_light

Budlight, I am assuming you are possibly in Western, KYIJ If these machines were not efficient, I doubt that either owner_operator(s) would continue to own them. 2-3 years of ownership would elude to a well pleased customer(s). You did not mention the opinions that these two customers have towards these machines. If they are where I think they are, they are pleased and will have the machines a while. Don't always perceive the presence of a resident service technician, from a Cat dealer as always being service related. Many times a Cat service technician, when they have free time, will stop by customers and pay courtesy calls, assisting them anyway possible. You will not get that from most competitive service technicians, atleast i don from my JD and CIH service techs, they know no courtesy. So, beofre this turns into a "Taste Great...less Filling" commercial, have a great day!

deereslayer

well stated and very true. thanks for the dose of reality.

homer

I think you have been into the "Coors" a little too much! Service techs don't stop by in the field for a friendly visit because: A- nobody wants to pay $75+_hour for friendly talk. (although that is cheaper than $1.99_min for nasty talk on the phone) The customer may not pay it, but his time has to be billed out to someone.

Coors_light

Not true Homer, not true. My Cat service technician has stopped by on numerous occasions while travelling between jobs or on his way to and from work. Why can't they stop for courtesy callsIJ Having been one who has been one on both sides of the equipment business, I know many who have done this. Not everyone is on the clock all the time! These courtesy calls are not frequent,as most field service tehs are extremely busy, but they do get the chance. Besides, I would rather have a mechanic visit any day vs. a salesman of any kind (mechanics are helpful and sales want my money).

budlight

Coors light, I think you are greatly mistaken on your service calls. When the mechanic is at this farmers field, the combine is setting still with several shields opened up. What gives you the idea That I actually am from west kyIJ I have no doubt that you do know the cat owners. But I can assure you I know several farmers that are currently green and red that will stay that way far surpassing those driving the cats. The cats need more time on developing a machine that will run and not have so much down time. I guess that when the mechanic comes he just causes the down time and the combine to stop running!! BUDlight!!

catmechanic

i am a cat field service tech. I work on the combines also. I have made courtesy calls while traveling back from other jobs. Do the machines have problemsIJ yes they do. Will they get betterIJ yes they will.Cat combines will soon be the one to own.my dealership is doing anything it can to become the leader in ag product service,and I believe caterpillar is also doing the same with there product. combines and everything else.

kp

To back you up, we have had the service techs stop in while passing by numerous times. Cant say thats happened with a different color combine. And yes, combines do break down, I do not care what color it is. The part that matters is how quickly they can get it back into the field, and how often it occurs. For us, brokedown on only a couple of occations, and we were always running in a few hours again.

Eagle1

I wish to commend the service tech we have. And I do not feel that our 465 has been any less reliable than any other combine we have had. In fact, most of the service calls we have had have been updates. They worked on the brakes and the throtel controls just before harvest. We have not recieved any where near the leval of service we get from Michigan Cat that we get from anyone else (including John Deer).

cat_lover

This is for budlight just want you to know that I'll tell you that I think your just jealous because you dont get to run a combine that is above and beyond other combines. And for all the people who know our cat dealer and service team know that they are the best thing that ever happen to West Ky. because they are there 24_7 365 days a year.So for all you THAT HAVE THE OTHER BRANDS DREAM ON!