Combines Cat s Commitment to Ag

Bulldogger

Wow! last year we were faced with choosing either a Cat 55 or a JD 8410T and I have to admit that it was a very tough decision. However, we ended up going with the John Deere and are we ever glad we did now! Sounds like the beginning of a bailout to me.

homer

looks like you can again choose from the "big three" ooops, I mean 2, and all the rest. Add Cat to the scrap heap of Belarus, Buhler, Massey, White, et al. Oh well I hear they still make pretty good boots!

sorehands

I can't see why anyone's confidence should be shaken. AGCO has made major strides over the past few years, and their aquisition of the MT line is just another step in the right direction. It appears that CAT will still be doing R and D, with AGCO doing the manufacturing and distribution. Quite common in many industries, and arguably a very good system to service the marketplace. Only negatives I see are with those with blinders on, unable to be objective as to color.

nucky

I talked to my delar today about this matter,they said that the caterpillar network will now offer lexions, challengers, a large wheel tracror, and a small wheel tractor, hay tools and planters. If everyone was watching look at the new agco tractors. Most of the smaller ones 100 hp and smaller are already using cat engines. This will increase the caterpillar involement in the ag market. If you ask me its about time. John deere better watch out.

Wind

Read it again, AGCO will take over manufacturing operations, design and marketing of the MT line. No opinion of good or bad, just wonder if the expertise will be loaned or transferred to AGCO.

john

Agco looking for number one nice to see someone push deere a little

ger

I`am some what surprised to see some of your comment of this Agco purchase (dump your cat - glad i bought the other brand - a drop out like Massey and others). For me its just a change no more no less. One drop out as so mentioned - Massey happens to be agco, and when deere is purchased by another corporation things will only change for those who think it will change. 5 years ago we had primarily Deere equipment, that has changed, and we don`t regret it a bit. I still think its deere that is crasping for straw by offering hugh discounts to increase and maintain market share and in the process devaluing their used equipment. I don`t see Agco doing that and their profitable.

homer

AGCO profitableIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ Deere being soldIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ Hey buddy, whatever your're smokin, pass it this way.