Combines CAT AGCO merger

Illinois_Gleaner

Dakota, Agree with some of what you said , but you are way off on most of your points. 1. Agco had nothing to do with Duetz Allis, they bought them. They were some of the old Allis guys left form Allis-Chalmers that made the company to buy them out. 2. No company broke your Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive run gleaners in the Allis-Chalmers days until now and you could never buy a new one cheaper then a used one. 3. You and everyone else better wake up and see that Agco is the new company on the block doing the buying and heading to the top. Of all the people that rip agco I wander how many has used them and how many just have an opinion about them. Illinois Gleaner

dakota

Yes, there was a year when the new combines were cheaper than the used ones. That was right after Deutz took over. The guys who had one year old machines at that time owed more money on there old machine than what they could buy a new one for. Maybe you never owned one of the first R-series. And AGCO was never a tecnology leader since. I've been around Massey and Fendt for over 20 years and I have seen what AGCO has done or is doing to them. A friend of ours runs a White on his graincart. I've been on it and compared it against our JD. It didn't take me long to figure out what I rather have. There is something about quality what made Caterpillar, what made Mercedes Benz and broke many others. In such a hightech equipment market the cheapest never grow big.

Illinois_Gleaner

So according to your last statement you must think that AGCO is on top because they have continued to grow through these tough yearsIJIJ Illinois Gleaner