Combines Cat Agco deal

dakota

We just bought four lexions. I am currently trying to get a hold of somebody in the German headquarter.

Cannuck

I e-mailed Claas shortly after the Cat Agco announcement. Markus answered back the same day but could only give what I felt was a standard reply. They are extremely happy with their CAT relationship and that they expect everything to continue as planned. Their combine sales are on target and not to be concerned that Claas is here to stay. I just thought the more owners to relate their concerns the harder Claas will work to stay with Cat and not even consider Agco. There is no dealers worth noting, their parts distrubution is terrible and its those reasons we left Agco in the 80's. My 2 cents.

Dairyman

First, AGCO didn't yet exist in the 80's, so you weren't dealing with them. It was owned by Deutz at that time and I think you will find that much of Claas management philosopy is the same as Deutz, only Claas is private_family owned and Deutz wasn't. AGCO parts and service are second only to Cat and I have been quite happy in my dealings with either company. I am looking forward to this working agreement as I have four AGCO dealers within 25 miles, but the CAT dealer is just 3 miles away. There are also four Deere locations in the same 25 mile radius, but they're all owned_managed by the same person and they couldn't care less about you if you aren't 100% green and locked into them financially.

Cannuck

I'm sorry you couldn't read my post only to get hung up on the technically of the 80's. I was trying to save my typing finger by not getting into the Allis_Deutz_White_Massey_Whoever dealer. Our relationship ended in the 80's for reasons stated but since you asked, the dealers here have maybe 4 bays, 2 service pickups, 1 parts guy who you never get to know because he changes every 6 months, no inventory to provide backup or a loaner and 1 dealer only has 1 salesman and he is by appointment only. We went to Cat for good reasons and so far have been getting what we want there. I'm happy for You and your Agco dealer, perhaps through CAT you and your dealer can get to the next level too.