Combines 50 Machines Sold in Manitoba

Bulldogger

Nucky-Take a pill. My post above is not Cat bashing but simply an answer to the question asked by Cutter. You Cat guys are a way too defensive now since the AGCO announcement in December. Thanks Bulldogger.

Deere4life

You will always be a happy cat customerIJ Or just until cat gets out of the ag industry completetly. Here in Ontario they're hardly in it to begin with, since you can't even buy a lexion. BTW- Deere owners sharing their experiences is not bashing, it's called bringing the cat faithful's back into reality. Which is that cat is not very stable in the ag industry.

gunner

Cat is probley the most stable company out there when it comes to the ag industry. First, cat spends the money to develop new technolgys, but then they carrie them over into their industal eq. so then they pay for there research pretty quickly. just look at all the stuff u can get the rubber tracks on from cat eq. Cat has had dozers runnign with out operators for a long time now. And big dump trucks running around by themselves. The minning industry has been usin this stuff for awhile now. Cat can spread its cost over many indusrys, so i think they r one of the more stable companys out there

gunner

lOl, nice story, tell another. Ur stupid. These questions have been answered. First, not evey AGCO dealers is goin to sell challengers. They will probley do something like they did the Fendt tractors. Because alot of the dealers wont put out the money to get the training and tools they need to work and maintain these tractors. Second, Why would claas want to end the deal, there is no way they could sell a combine in north america if it was painted claas colors. I belive that cat has some rights and patents to some of the eletrical eq. on the combines, and the track system. And they would lose rights to the challenger tractors in europe. And if cat was to switch to running massy and gleaner combines, they would have to send all there mechanics back to school to train them on how to work on em which would cost alot of money. And Cat will be selling produces they have no control over. So, it doesn't make sense from any biz stand point to end the Cat and claas deal

Big_Al

Hey Jeff in Tisdale first off you are the CAT salesman out of that aera second what happened to your four CAT combines at Noranda farmsIJ OH you don't know let me tell you they got bundled up and sent to the nearest Deere dealer traded for new STS units. This farm had run Case IH up until 1995 then they went to Deere then they tried CATS they were not impressed. Chiles himself told me that CAT combines have a long way to go to be in the same league as Deere or Case IH.

ferge

they wouldn't have to go to school very long to understand the simple MF 8780XP - looked at a new one Friday - stand it alongside of a Cat and you would think they are only half done putting it together - a machine does not have to be so complicated to harvest easy to seperate crops like corn or beans - grass seeds, heavy strawed wheat and barley might be another thing!!

gunner

u r right on that, but it would still take money, and although cat would probley spend the money, it would take some time to get enough threw the program. Also, alot of the massy and gleaner dealers that have been sell for years and tryin to do there best will get kinda mad. And there will only be 3 companys makin combines. And that will take alot out of the compeitive market. i maybe wrong but it makes sense in my mind, if that means anything