Combines Seen New MT tractor

gunner

lol, who brought rubber tracked tractors to the industry, Who makes engins for bout anythign and everything, Who was the last to pick up on rotary combine concept, Who avertised that u could get the same advantages that there is with tracks if u lower the pressure in ur tires. Who was wrong on that. Who then made a track tractor that was sopose to put out 225 hp when it couldn't keep up wiht a 1985 AC 8070. John deere is n1 sales in NA, but not in the world, or on resale, or quality, or technknowlegy, and comparded to the cat dealers in our area, they r no where near the sevice. All that, and they cost more. just some food for thought

silver_blood

I thaught the cab was great and the tractor was very sharp looking.

ferge

Everyone has to agree that JD is a marketing company with engineering and producer interests taking a secondary role.

RamRod

ferge: Amen! That is the most accurate statement about Deere ever printed on these pages!

homer

I stand by my earlier statements. you can deny it all you want, but sooner or later you will come to realize it. I would never expect you to admit it however, some people don't have the b@lls to say they're wrong. As for rubber tracks, anyone who claims that Cat has the best system, obviosly has NEVER ran a 8000 JD. One ride will prove who is superior, wheel or track.

gunner

i didn't pay much attion to ride because we killed the 8410 3 times in the field with a 28 ft DMI field cutivator. And also the jd truck followed us around because the electrons we all messed up. The dealer said that DMI equipment pulls hard. but it pulles the samw behide our AC 8070 with AWD. When it couldn't out pull or out run a 15 year old tractor with less power, u know there is a problem and they messed up.

nucky

To be sych a deere lover you spend lots of time on the cat pages. Someone is getting soft. Firsy stage is denial second is acceptance. You will be here before you know it. If not go back to the deere page. Or did they alreadt kick you off. I would not blame them.

CATMAN2

It may or may not be the best tractor ever built, but it is the BEST track type tractor yet to be built. From what I hear, the new MT800 series high horse power track tractor may be the best yet. We will just have to wait and see. As far as the industry leader (J.D.)IJ They are leading in the most money lost each year, that would make me feel great as a Deere owner. I am not saying that they don't have some good features as a company, but I believe that AGCO and the new MT lines could become a major player in the next couple of years.

homer

Better check your figures, Cat lost more money than Deere did. Deere made more money selling lawnmowers last year than Cat did selling Ag. Quit listening to all the propaganda that the dealers are pushing!

farm_boy

Didnt deere show there biggest loss ever the last 1_4 of 2001IJ Are they not shuttin the new skidsteer plant alreadyIJ Did they just not write Cat a very VERY big check to get out of a lawsuit over the track tractor designIJ Did Deere get out of Nascar caused they sucked or they couldnt afford itIJ On the other hand Cat made more money selling toys at the cat gift shop than Deere did selling lawnmowers!