Combines Seen New MT tractor

ferge

Had a friend tell last that his four year old granddaughter knows the Cat serviceman by his first name - he was wondering if that should be telling him something!!!!

gunner

why would agco want another combine line. I think they have great products with the gleaner and massy lines. Course, then agco would have the most advance combines and tractors, and the simples combines and tractors.

silver_blood

I wasn't saying agco would by the claas line but if cat was going to sell a product line it should have been the one that was least established

D

Had a chance to operate a Challenger 55 for a few days, I really enjoyed it. I am anxious to see the new tractors.. Went thru the tractor plant in Dekalb,very impressive.

Whizz

It seems you guys have got the wrong end of the stick. Cat combines are claas from Europe they have a mutual deal which is that claas sell challengers in europe and cats sell claas combines painted yellow in the states. This has now finished and Massey (agco) are now selling challengers in Europe and it seems Cats are going to sell Agco combines in the states. Perhaps cats are withdrawing from Agriculture and this is a step down the line.

homer

I have one word for the new MT tractors: UGlY! It looks like they compressed it, put it on a smaller frame, squezzed 10 lbs of **** in a 8 lb bag, etc

jd9750

I saw the new MTs at The Farm Progress Show.Matter a fact I have a picture if one in my locker.

CATMAN2

It is different looking, but that "10 lbs of ****" should kick some serious butt. The main reason for the shortness of the MT compared to the older ones is the fuel tank is not the cab glass and the engine, the main bladder is under the cab. The fuel fill is in the same location, but the tank is actually easier to change if there happens to be a problem in the fuel system. Another reason the tractor looks compressed is the undercarriage is longer and taller, which makes the body of the machine look shorter. I assume you have seen the MT in person, what do you think about the redesigned cabIJ Did you happen to notice the suspensionIJ Just wondering.

homer

Well upon furthur inspection you're right. The MT is the greatest machine ever built. I can't believe I never saw it before. I have been stumbling in the dark for all these years while this great product has been under my nose. I guess my investment in Deere was a mistake all along, with their stability, great trade value, superior equipment, etc. I think my first move should be to dump all that green stuff, and find someone to sell me a patchwork, multi-color, uncertian future, line of equipment. GET REAl, if the CAT stuff is so friggin great, then why aren't they kicking Deere's butt, and don't tell me they are. Deep down everybody knows, if they admidt it or not, that there is only one leader, and everybody else is following. Whether you love them, or hate them, it's still the best thing going.