Combines your opinion

ferge

Thanks for getting some life back into this site - thought we had all died and went to Massy Heaven.

alan

onion farmer, I did not know that about the 9720. Why did massey go back to a smaller rotor after the 9720_8590. The 8560 is quite small compared to the previous model. Talk to you later.

hv_user

I don't know why,and from people I've talk to they had alot of capacity.

hv_user

I don't know why,and from people I've talk to they had alot of capacity.

greyhawk

This is real interesting -- just shows how much difference operators and different crop conditions can make --re the 7720 _ 1680 comparison. -- in our dry wheat conditions that old green machine would be lookin at the rear end of the Inter disappearing into the distance real fast!! A grey cab 760 is easily equal to a 7720 in our conditions (thats while ever you can keep the Massey running)

greyhawk

This is real interesting -- just shows how much difference operators and different crop conditions can make --re the 7720 _ 1680 comparison. -- in our dry wheat conditions that old green machine would be lookin at the rear end of the Inter disappearing into the distance real fast!! A grey cab 760 is easily equal to a 7720 in our conditions (thats while ever you can keep the Massey running)

kcgrain

Wow what a way to spend a Sun afternoon there are alot of different opinions on combines and it was good to see not much Green leaning. I have been involved with Combines since 1983 when I took a job out west on a wheat run we had 6 JD 8820 and 4 Massey 860 combines ran with Gleaners IH axial flows and a couple of NH. The JD were a much better built combine than the Massey at that time alot less mechanical problems, but the Masseys did a better job, but at a price. My first expierence with a Gleaner Rotor was out there N7 and N6 they could blow you right out of the field with capacity compared to the JD or Massey, but they had some problems they needeed to get worked out. When I started farming back here in Wis I bought Gleaner conventionals had a M2 and a l3 had some problems but nothing major, traded into JD combines had 4 of them with the last one being a 8820 Titan 2 than traded for a New Holland TR 86.Did alot of research into the matter before I did that had no expierence with the TR or New Holland before that point.I personally didnt like the Case or Massey because I didnt think they were built rugged enough,JD 9500 didnt impress me at all and almost going broke trying to keep that 8820 in the field cured my "green fever". I wouldnt go by any statistics printed in a sales brochure, my uncle always told me figures dont lie but liars figure, and thats what you have in those data sheets. I did look up combine performance results done by PAMI in Canada and the most impressive results came from TR combines.Based on that and some owners and junk yard surveys I bought my first twin Rotor and I have to say I wouldnt trade the previous 6 machines I had for one TR the original TR86 I bought has 7400hr on it and is still going strong have never had a NH part fail on that machine, wore out yes, broken from doing something stupid yes, but failed from anything NH no never.The capacity is outstanding and can easily walk the 8820 T2 it replaced.It has a tiny shoe in comparison but it is almost impossible to run grain out the back unless it isnt set right, we have many people drive the TRs and they arent combine people so you cant rely on them to change settings, which a TR rarely needs once set as far as when we start and quit I think is an arbitrarry thing, we stop when we feel conditions are getting bad and in Soybeans they usually stop us for you they become to tough to keep running with any amount of speed we quit. On our way home we will see Case IH 2366 and 88 out running but at a snails pace grinding along, so why botherIJ the speed we lose at night is easily compensated during the day where drivers usually determine the speed not the conditions or any limiting factor on the TR we have run much faster than 2366 and 2388 and 9500 9610 etc. I dont know why we can I dont set those machines and maybe the drivers dont feel comfortable running the speed we can I dont know the reasons all I know is rarely does the TR not look for more than the drivers are willing to push through it. We have 25' heads cutting on average 55bu beans 7mph isnt out of the question, but a more 4.5 to 5.5 is what we run we have on occasion pushed it past the 7mph speed, mostly when our friend who sell Case IH rides along they take it in stride but very nerve racking on the drivers and cart operators, however it keeps the salesman quite,and he never bring up trading for CaseIH axial flow, so how much is that worthIJEverybody has an opinion and mine probably is viewed as wrong but our TR will remain till I personally see something built better, with more convience, operator comfort and reliability and to date the TR in my book is still King.