Combines weather

ROCK

SE Indiana Weather station from Indy said we are in the top 10 for precipitation since records kept. I have had more rain than they have. 12.7 inches for Apr. Have 5.3 so far in May. Not pretty but hey maybe the cutworms will be grown or drown by the time we get cranking. I agree with others ...better to be wet than dry. We are usually wet here in springs 5 out of 10 times. 50 Acres of corn planted on gravelly river bottoms north of Indy on another farm....that is it. Water has been over a third of it three times. Hope you guys out west get some moisture we need your dry weather here badly

Jimmy

Hey, send some of that rain to North Carolina. In April we had .3 inches. Over the last four years we are 40 inches below normal. I've been praying for a stray thunder storm. All the rain the Mid-West has been getting dries up when it hits the mountains.

greengoose

Here in Ontario, Canada we have been getting rain left and right and planting is slow. We just got an inch and a half yesterday morning. We are only about 50% finished planting corn. Alot of farmers in my area have barely anything in the ground.

thud

What part of Ontario are you inIJ Im in Essex County and like you we are getting alot of rain. At this time last year we had all the corn in the ground and 95% of the beans,,, this year we have 75ac of corn in and 65 beans.. with along way to go. Most guys havent even been in the fields here.We might be able to go by monday if the wind keeps blowing and the sun keeps shining but they are callin for more rain saturday and sunday.

meadowgreen

We're 50 mi. east of KC. Had 5.6 inches in 3 hrs Wed. evening. Couldn't buy a rain 4 weeks ago. Waited on last 40 ac. of corn because of dry conditions in early April. Wanted to spread out my risk. Finally got it in Saturday. Have had 8.5 inches on field since Sunday. UGO terraces have a foot of silt at outlets. More over the weekend. A few started beans Fri. and Sat.

Mike

Where are you from in North CarolinaIJ We have been real dry to, although there has been plenty of rain just north of us. Those mountains have costed us a lot over the years by breaking up the rain.

Jeff

The rivers are going down, finally we get to see if the corn will survive. ( dought it) There is a 90% chance of storms tomorrow. Maybe they will warsh the mud off. Silver Bullet is right when it does dry out we have plenty of moisture. It sure is a sinking feeling though to watch your wheat grow all spring and then see it go down the river. One of the bigger farmers in the county has lost one thousand acres to the river.

greengoose

I'm from Oxford County. We were able to get some more of the crops in, currently we have in 200 acres of corn and 0 acres of beans. We are about 2_3 finished corn, some of it is just starting to come through the ground which is nice.hopefully this week all the corn will be in and same with the beans. We received about 2 inches of rain this past week. How much have you guys been gettin up thereIJ

thud

Most guys here havent even hit the fields... we did manage to get another 15 acres of corn in and 6 acres of beans ( YIPEEEEEEEE just finished fields that we had already started before the last rains came ).We are maybe 15 % done corn and 10% of the beans are in but wont be doing anymore for a while as we recieved another 1.75-3 inches of rain on the weekend, a lot of standing water .I get up to Oxford a few times each summer,( have good friends that farm near Drumbo) beautiful country and nice ground( although it looks drought prone),us flat-landers down in Essex arent used to all those hills and valleys you guys have lOl.