Combines weather

Inc

We farm dryland wheat north of Denver, Colorado. We are experiencing severe drought conditions. Many wheat fields are total losses, others are on the critical list. When the weather folks predict some moisture, it doesn't happen. All we get are warm temperatures and wind....or we get cloudy, dry, cold weather fronts from the north. Pretty grim outlook. In the mountains west of Denver, there is a major forest fire about every week and the summer season hasn't even started.

Illinois_Gleaner

Same here in south central Ill. last year was waiting on a rain to finish last fields of beans. This year nothing but rain. Over 5 inches in the last two days and more on the way tonight. Sure rains easy when its wet dont itIJIJIJ Have only worked a few acres nothing in the ground here. Illinois Gleaner

Jeff

We were headed for dry conditions in Southeast Kansas. last night most of the FourState area received 4 to 6 inches of rain and widespread hail. Tonights forcast is grim. Right now there is a tornado warning about 4 hours West of us heading straight East. Our two rivers are already out of there banks with another 2 to 4 inches of rain on its way. I would rather be to wet than to dry but right now I can't afford either one. If the flood gets worse I will post tomorrow.

Silver_Bullet

Here, in SW Nebraska and surrounding area, we are having quite the opposite problem you are. We have recieved less than an inch of moisture so far this year. Had a wheat field adjusted out today at 3 bushels per acre. Adjuster said that what looks alright won't yield much even if it rains an inch a week for the next 6 weeks. Head size has already been determined and it is small. Freeze is forecasted for tonight...might be a good thing if it did. Might as well finnish it off quickly! We're planting corn and beans now but not very excited about it as some of it won't come up. So around here, things are looking pretty bleak. I know it is frustrating not to plant because it is too wet but at least when you do get it planted it has moisture to grow. I know I still prefer to be too wet than too dry.

R7

I live in North Dakota and we have been very cold up here and the springs work has gone very slow. Today we had 6-8" of snow and it is the 8th of May.We were nicely dry prior to the snow and were just getting ready to put the canola and barley in. It must be that global warming thing again!!! John

rforro

Here in S.E. Michigan has not realy dried out all spring, been very cold. Was able to get corn planted, have not started beans kind of waiting for it to warm up. Will probaly start beans next week.

Bob

East Central Nebraska has been awfully dry this year. In April we only had a 10th of what is normal. It seems like it is cloudy and they predict rain but none comes. The rains in May so far have been spotty but only get a quarter inch or so. There is moisture to plant but it may not last long. There for a while some people started their pivot irrigation systems to settle the dust.

husker_gleaner

Her in south central Nebraska it also is very dry we received less than an inch some spotted areas got up to over two thi past sunday. Wheat looks fair and people arent to excited bout the spring crops without subsoil moisture this is the third dry year in a row here.

tj

I saw the footage of a very large tornado last night near Pratt KS. It did not look pretty, I hope eveyone is okIJ Anybody hear of damagesIJ Hailed out wheatIJ tj

cleaner_gleaner

Very very dry in panhandle of Nebraska. Had some snow in early April and about 1-2 tenths of rain in May. That's all. I think we have had a record amount of wind this year. Wheat suffering, alfalfa eaten by cutworms,grass non-existant, sugarbeet seed still waiting to sprout, those that sprouted have been froze twice, corn seed waiting for moisture. I'm ready to plant edible beans--but whyIJ