Combines 9860

grimreeper

I am not going to bash you here just wanting some answers. Do the new machines have that big ugly gear shifter to the right of the hydro handle or have they gone to the dial like in there 4710 sprayers. Also how is jd geting there 3.3 bu_sec unload rate, are they speeding things up or making things bigger or both. What is the sigal hook up like, do you still have to crawal under the machine to lock the pins in. Thanks for the info. Grimreeper

greenman

Yes, it still has the shifter on the front right hand corner, and it does unload as fast as they say, 3.3 bushels per second (I timed it several times). The engineer told me they have slowed the unloading auger down slightly and also the rest of augers and elevators to get more life. Also, the auger flighting is alot heavier. The one point hookup is really easy and speeds up hooking and unhooking heads. Just pull the PTO shaft and one lever (one point hookup) which releases electrical, hydrolicks and pulls the pins. Yes, you do not have to get underneath. It takes me just a minute to do this.

Pheasant1

I think by tank is 250 bu. Power is never a problem in any crop or situation that I've met in wet_dry corn, wheat or milo. Unloading time is decent. I'm sure the 9860 is above and beyond what the Cat is. Wet corn, 3.5-4.0 mph with 12 row at 30% moisture yielding 200-240 bu_acre.

TwinSilvers

Don't be sorry; - there's the "The Green Machine Owners", and then there's the "Wanna-Be Green Machine Owners"! I, myself recently bought an R62; - wished I'd never had seen the thing. I'm trading back to Deere next year!

Green_Envy

Were you the one that had a JD 9650 and a Gleaner C-62 and traded the JD for an R62. Whats making you go backIJ

R72

What is wrong with the 62. Did you not have a deere and a c62. If you did how is the c62 working. I f you like the green beter why did you get ride of the unit then.

TwinSilvers

The C62 has been an excellent combine and, at almost 2,000 seperator hours, I think it's proven itself. Aside from excessive walker loss (which the sunnybrook mods and walker risers seemed to help allieviate),it's been okay. The R62 has been a nightmare from "day 1"! The machine has had engine problems; - intermittent power loss, excessive fuel usage (compared the the C62),plus I've had 2 cab fires and severe electrial problems the entire season. Cummins has looked at the problem, but have come up with no solutions as yet. My local AGCO dealer has been as supportive as possible, but "all the support in the world" from AGCO and "empty promises" from Cummins isn't putting any grain in the bin for me. As far as the rest of the combine is concerned, - no problems!

TwinSilvers

The C62 has been an excellent combine and, at almost 2,000 seperator hours, I think it's proven itself. Aside from excessive walker loss (which the sunnybrook mods and walker risers seemed to help allieviate),it's been okay. The R62 has been a nightmare from "day 1"! The machine has had engine problems; - intermittent power loss, excessive fuel usage (compared the the C62),plus I've had 2 cab fires and severe electrial problems the entire season. Cummins has looked at the problem, but have come up with no solutions as yet. My local AGCO dealer has been as supportive as possible, but "all the support in the world" from AGCO and "empty promises" from Cummins isn't putting any grain in the bin for me. As far as the rest of the combine is concerned, - no problems!