Combines 9860

TwinSilvers

let me make myself clear; - I'm not saying that Deere is any better than Gleaner, which is why I swayed from Deere to Gleaner in the first place. My local AGCO dealer has been excellent; - he's done whatever he could, including GIVING me an R62 to use for 100 hours while mine was getting fixed. I have no complaints with my AGCO dealer; - he's been excellent! It must frustrate you (as it does I) to invest "big dollars" in these combines and not get good service! What has been wrong with your STSIJ

nod

lack of power. This all started Sept. 2002 even today (Sat.) Nov. 8, JD company reps still are working with it trying to rectify the problem. In the end I will be the one to resolve this situation once and for all. I will be changing colors and "issuing" a formal legal document seeking damages and financial loss to our operation. This has gone on for over a year and I can't see where anyone has made any progress. lots of empty promises and out right lies. I have been doing my homework through this all. I have obtained hard copies of certain confidential memos and doucuments that I'm pretty sure the JD company would not let into court let alone the press. They've done s**t on the wrong "dumb farmer". A wounded animal is a dangerous animal and I'm defending a family too. I have no other option and JD sure is not offering any.If this fiasco puts me out of business which in all likelihood it will, I am going to have all kinds of free time to be the biggest pain in the rear they have ever had. Do you remember the guy with the JD round baler that was painted yellow because it was a lemonIJ That ain't noth'in

TwinSilvers

I hear you! I remember the guy with the N6 or N7 that was painted yellow as well. My neighbor has an STS9650 and his seems to run pretty good; - I ran it for two days while mine was down. It seems the more these machines progress in capacity, the more they decline in efficiency and reliability, and I don't "buy" the ideology that a combines increased capacity offsets the added downtime; - a combines incresed capacity is supposed to offset the higher cost of the combine. I can't emphasize enough that my local AGCO dealer has been terrific through all this; - he's truly sick about the whole ordeal, as am I. Again, my C62 is an awsome machine; - perhaps I'll purchase a second one!

jake

I am a jd tech at a large dealer in il. you should never have to go underneth on a 60 combine, single hookup engages and disengages the pins, hydralics, and electrical. The way they have increased the unloading time is that they have made the vertical and horizonal auger larger on the 9860sts, and a option on the the 97 and 96.

greenman

I'm thinking if I can sell it for the right price, I would buy another new 9860. The one I am selling has another year full waranty.

snowman

What would you take for the 9860 and what would you take for the 635F. I may put a 635F on a 9750.

greenman

635F I did 800 acres with it. Asking $24,500 9860, 250 separator hours asking $205,000 1 year full warranty left and any updates.

SIlVER_DOllAR_SAlOON

lETS NOT GET THIS ONE STARTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!