Combines 9860

PHEASANT1

Were you harvesting 100 bushel corn, 150, 200....IJIJIJ Also, what was the moisture of the corn as that obviously makes a huge difference. How many bushels per hour were you gettingIJ

greenman

170-210 bushel per acer. The fall started out at 20% and ended up at 15%.I did 2900 acers of corn. 170 x 15 acers per hr = 2550 bu.

PHEASANT1

That is a little disappointing to me. I thought for sure that the 9860 would be able to come close to the 4000 bushel per hour mark. Our Cats are hitting 3300 bushel per hour at 30% moisture corn. I know that we can do 3800 bu_hr. in corn below 20% moisture. Putting a 12 row head on your machine I'm sure would boost those numbers. Thanks for the info.

greenman

210 bu x 15 = 3150 bu per hr. 210 bu was our best yield and did not over load the combine. I was going 7-7.5 mph and could not go any faster because I would pull out the stalks and we had stalk rot which the corn was laying down and I had to travel slower - like 4 mph. I would rather go 4-5 mph with a 12 row head but like I said before, we don't like to use the grain cart because of compaction. Just curious on your Cat combine, how much does your grain tank hold and how fast does your unloading auger unloadIJ And how fast do you travelIJ How much of a round does it take to unload on the goIJ Are you ever short of power when you are unloading on the goIJ What is your average acres combined on beansIJ Just curious. Thanks.

land_Surfer

For operations who employ class seven and eight size class combines, grain tank capacity and unload rates are virtually irrelevant. What does make a difference is the quality of the auger cart, quantity of trucks and capacity of on-farm or elevator carrying capacity. It makes no difference to me if I unload mid-round or after a round (I have a large enough aurger cart and plent of trucks that support class seven plus machines). Too many farmers want their grain tanks to be as larger or nearly as large as their auger carts. A combine's grain tank for most modern_progressive operations is nothing more than a surge tank for their large, high-performance, 1100+ bu. auger cart(s)- Balzer, Kinze, Avalanch, etc. You do realize that a 450 bu. grain tank voids all combine warranty and that no slef-respecting JD rep will take recourse upon his_herself to compensate you for hyper-extending your combine's grain tank capacity.

Foot_n_mouth

You must be building roads in your field. You don't know how to utilize the capacity of the threshing system on this combine. Follow land Surer's advice.

jp

Why cant you guys answer all his questionsIJ Sounds like CAT jealousy to me.

RJT

If you can afford this combine and have the acres to go with it why arn't you using a cartIJ You would have been done harvesting in 2_3 the time. And an 8 row headIJ C'mon somethings wrong here.