Combines 400 compared to 500 seriesIJ

Cutter

There is no difference in the type of tracks you get. All tracked lexions use the same tracked undercarriage. If by chance that you had a 470 with tracks (not a 475R either),that machine would have been powered with 290hp. The 475R and the new 575R have 340hp. The 575R has a much larger cab with a full size buddy seat and many new features, including a settings and adjustments guide and owner's manual programmed into the monitor. There is also a new concave adjustment feature with a new overload protection system, new concave, new rotors, and a new wide spread chopper (finally, the first manufacturer to step up to the plate and offer a chopper able to spread the full width of a header). Also, the new track system comes with suspension. The new 500's all have electronic shifting.

nbterveen

got to ride along in a 590r last fall with a 16 row corn head in 235 bushel irrigated....all i can say is wow...that is one impressive combine. u need to 1000 bushel carts to keep it away. 2 problems with it though..1-grain tank is to small, the farmer had to take all the ends off and cut lands through the field so we could dump before we got to the other end. 2-the unloading auger IS NOT 26' like lexion claims, it is really 22.5', lexion measures from the center of the combine rather than the actual length of the unloading auger tube. other than those 2 points it was a very impressive machine.

newguy

Thanks for your input......we do have one of three "freak machines" in that our 470 was put on tracks before the 475r came out. Apparently it was somewhat of an experiment. We run a 12-30 corn head through many acres of corn some up to 220 bu, but average around 180. We were under powered, but could run steady at 4.1 mph (4-5 mph seems comfortable to us). Am glad to see more hp, will come in handy up hills and unloading on go. 2 guys in the 470 seems a little cramped, but I could stand to lose some weight......... Your right about the chopper!!!!! Thanks again

Cutter

From the center of the machine is where all attachments (headers and unloading tubes) are measured and referenced from, the centerline is a combine's reference point.

M

Isn't the chopper a MAV RedekopIJ If it is, they are very nice. It does look like an impressive combine.

newguy

I think you are right.......have only seen still pictures of the chopper in action....

M

It is. I just looked at the web site for them. I wonder what the Claas combines have for choppers in EuropeIJ

tobaboy

The chopper has the MAV rotor, but still has the lexion tail board, which means it is not adjustable. Apparently its safety regulations that prevents them from installing an adjustable tail board on the lexions. A true MAV can be set to direct the staw up into the air, which allows you to achieve a wider spread then you would be able to with the "lexion" MAV. It also allows you to direct the straw down at a variety of angles to reduce the spread width, basically what I'm saying is that with a true MAV you have more control over your spread width. Either way the chopper on the 500s will be a big improvement over the old 'wide-spread' chopper with the hooked knives. We ran a MAV on our 480r this past fall and were very happy with the spread we were achieving.