Combines 36 Crary Flex

mid_west

Are you talking about the 36' Crary Air head. I think that FR runs that platform on the IH page and also I think that farmer tony ran one too and did not like it on the same page. Post there and maybe they'll respond.

FR

I will tell you next year if it is good or not the air real is deffently the way to go on any heads. Crary is rebuilding the heads majorly for the coming season full finger auger if you want it, split the sickels and driving with hydralics from each end, I am impressed with the guarantees they will have on the head this year and the buy back option if you dont like them after season is over plus 5000.00 credit if you trade it in the next 3 years.

newguy

Hey Fr, Do you know how the "pitch" is set on the cutterIJ The lexion bean head takes about 2 hrs and 3 guys to increase or decrease the pitch of the cutter bar.....We have to change it for the navies....then back for soybeans other wise it will dig...... thanks for any info.....trying to work it out with B. Fuller, but doesn't seem like he knows much about it,,,,,,,,yet. thanks B

FR

On our cutter bar we installed a shim kit from crary then did the rest of the adjustments with the adjustable feeder house we had to set it all the way back to keep it from digging. Now the new setup is going to have a different face plate on header on the 8010s I guess.

silverluv

We run the crary air reels on our 30ft heads. They work really well in short beans. The only thing that I don't like is that they seem to take alot of power. It's not that we have an engine power problem, it's that it causes alot of stress on the header drive system. I have looked into the 36ft design and the only thing that scares me is the two blower's that are on it. Maybe it is geared diffently so it does not pull as hard. A nice demo would be nice. I know that certain brands of headers that they go on are geared differently. Maybe it is only a problem on Gleaners, I don't know. This has been my experience with them. look into the 36ft MacDon Flex draper if you want to cut fast in short beans. Had a demo on one last fall. WOW!!! What a cutting header. 5mph in one foot tall beans.

Newguy

Thanks for the comments....... I would love to try a draper.....No one in our area has one....very little known about them..... They look like a better feed.....Wonder about cutting naviesIJ We have to cut low, to get em off the ground...but like you said, one foot soybeans should be similar

hop_a_l

MacDons worth looking in to, we bought ours from a dealer 8 hrs away because no one around here sold them and this year I know of 2 dealers now trying to sell them. As far as pitch of the cutter bar that is adjusted from the cab on a 974 (flexdraper). You can tilt the whole head forwards and back with hydralics. .02

farmert

who's got the demoIJ we sent 2 back to crary neither was worth having.