Combines Suffering from

AGCOfan

That's be nice to see a lexion on Ontario. You must be up north or something to still be combiningIJ Where are you locatedIJ What model are they going to bring out to youIJ Take care, Nathan

AGCOfan

Good to hear. I will be going up there Sunday afternoon. Right after "Prairie Farm Report" at noon. Take care, Nathan

AGCOfan

Ended up going there after chores. Nice looking machine. Don't like there ladder. Can't figure that one out. Took lots of pictures. I'll end up posting them on Farmphoto. Take care, Nathan

MostlyGreen

I farm just east of listowel, plus I have another 420 acres near Drayton. I have 70 acres of late barley left to finish, however, I don't think Vincents will be able to arrange a demo in time. They were going to demo a 570R. I, too, looked at the one sitting at Vincents; - I mustr admit that I didn't like the ladder setup either. They certainly look more complicated than an STS.

Cutter

Remember: Complexity is relatively Proportional to Productivity. As long as the machine performs to my expectations, I could care less what's "under the hood." But, in the case of a lexion, once you realize what each belt and drive does, it really isn't as complicated as it looks. Belt drive is efficent. Trust me, any lexion is easier to work on than a Deere walker combine.

MostlyGreen

I guess I've "got it made", then! I currently run a Deere 9000 series walker, and I don't find it too cumbersome to work on. I think you're right; - once familiarity is established with ANY combine, it becomes easier to understand them. Would you happen to know the comparison in serviceability between a lexion and an STSIJ

ski_whiz

Reis Equipment, a CaseIH_McCormick dealer in Eastern Ontario has become a lexion dealer as well as already handling Claas Hay equipment and forage harvesters.

MostlyGreen

It seems peculiar that it's the CaseIH dealers taking-on the lexion lines. Had a lengthy talk with a salesman from Vincents; - he told me they (Vincent's) were working on assuming the lexion line for quite some time. Toromont had to "sign-off" from any intentions of ever establishing any AG dealerships (in Ontario) before CAT_Claas would allow the lexion lines to be represented by anyone else.

Brodale

Cat is looking to set up four dealers in Ont. They want one more in the south and one north of Toronto. The 570R at Seaforth is leased out and they're waiting for a 580R to come in so I'm told.