Combines 580R Demonstration Nightmare

REDMAN

I would think that your demo was an exception!I was one of many demo's of the 580R out of this dealerships sister store. All demo's proved to be very successful mine included which was corn.They have had it in wheat, whites, blacks,kidneys and soys and got along great.I heard that last week at a corn demo they came home with the trade in.

land_Surfer

I would say that whatever the issue(s) was, it was very isolated and unique, probably exagerated to a point as well. My dealer also always has success with lexion demos.

land_Surfer

One more thing, why would you post about an unsuccessful demo anywayIJ What interest or concern is it to you or anyone elseIJ More than likely you are a customer of this dealership. By complaining about your dealer's demo is exactly the same as complaining about your dealer.

parn

I in no way intended to bash my dealership. I was very satisfied with their service and also with the combine in how it performed. I was just wondering if these problems were common. If this site is only to praise equipment, then I apologize for my question.

MostlyGreen

Don't let landSurfer get to you, Parn! This forum is just that; - an exchange of information, good and bad. By the way, I had a demo from that same dealer and the demo went off without a problem. My 9660 could in no way touch the lexion, although the lex was a Class larger. I think it comes down to service, and your concerns are valid. Rumour has it that Claas only wants 4 or 5 dealers in the entire province of Ontario; - doesn't leave too many choices. I think Vincent's will represent Claas well, as will Oneils in the east. Nevertheless, it will be tough to beat the service that Deere has provided this area. I have mixed thoughts of the STS, but I have NO complaints about the service and parts availability I've received to date, and that's also important!

MostlyGreen

Don't let landSurfer get to you, Parn! This forum is just that; - an exchange of information, good and bad. By the way, I had a demo from that same dealer and the demo went off without a problem. My 9660 could in no way touch the lexion, although the lex was a Class larger. I think it comes down to service, and your concerns are valid. Rumour has it that Claas only wants 4 or 5 dealers in the entire province of Ontario; - doesn't leave too many choices. I think Vincent's will represent Claas well, as will Oneils in the east. Nevertheless, it will be tough to beat the service that Deere has provided this area. I have mixed thoughts of the STS, but I have NO complaints about the service and parts availability I've received to date, and that's also important!

CORNKING

Parn you are telling it the way this form was meant. If other people just want to here the good a lot of us want to here how it actually worked. I am going to be demoing one shortly myself. It is like last year my 8010 was a nightmare and I told it on the form, mother Case did get its act together and did updates and another year waranty and now in my opinion it is the best machine out there but I will try the cat along side 8010.

MostlyGreen

I feel I have to give credit where credit is due, and you've always "told it as it was" with the 8010, Cornking. I have a farmer friend who is on his second year with his 8010 and has had very few problems since "day 1", although he only harvests about 1700 acres total. Dealer support has been excellent, but he's a little leary because they've never taken his combine away for all these rebuilds and retrofits that you (and other 8010 owners) have been mentioning. He isn't "internet-savy" so he asked me to inquire on this forum as to what modifications CaseIH came up with for the 8010 during the last year!

CORNKING

Where are you located at and what crops does your neighbor haveIJ If I was him I would talk to dealer and find out why they are not doing updates. These are a must to do some of the things they are doing has to do with some poor workmanship buy the venders that made parts for the last years machines and also the shaker asembly gets replaced a must if you do corn. Also new controler and feeder updates that he will need. When I have more time when we are done harvesting I could get the list and send to you for your freind. F.R.

Bundy

Settle pettle, If all you want to read is Cat_Class proporganda then go to the Class web site and read it all you want too!! This is a forum for the good and the bad. Astounding I know, but no combines (not even ones with a the cat_class sticker on the side) are perfect. The all have defects_problems and the sooner we hear about them and what to do about them the better for all. The posts that annoy me are he ones from some steering wheel wanna-be, beating off about how tonnes per second his neighbours, uncles, sisters combine harvested this one time at band camp!! Grow up.