Combines What is the difference between the lexions 590 and 600IJ

low_end_torque

different but the same from my understanding. basically US vs Europe, as far as setup.

Col

larger version in everyway, 580hp if I recall. larger grain tank 12000l (probably not larger for you guys though). Clean grain elevator does 180 tonnes per hour, new laser Pilot system, cruise pilot for auto speed control. "Fly by Wire" hydro control. Went to see one working in Wheat (In Scotland) cutting 10 tonne_ha 18% wheat at 8 KPH with virtually no loss. Very impressive. Really needs a larger header as it only comes with 30' at the moment. Claas have seemingly sold 50 this year in the UK (all they can get for this market) at over 300,000 each. That means there is a large amount of second hand 580's and large walker combines for sale now, I counted over 50 rotaries on the Claas website last week. Cheap combining with nearly new machinesIJ Col

Coors_light

With the exception of engines and engine horsepower and of course color and branding, the 590R and the 600 are the same machine! They have the same feeding, threshing, separating, cleaing, grain handling, grain tank, the 590R has a wide spread chopper (up to 42' spread pattern) for use with the wider North American heads. The 590R does run much larger headers though, up to the 12m (40') platforms and a 12m (40') 16 row cornhead weighing nearly 5.5 tons and the 590R will still do nearly 6 miles per hour with that corn head in high yielding corn.

Combine_Wizard

Thank you all, for the replies. Yes, it all confirmed my initial suspicion. I sure love lexions!

Col

In europe we do not have a 590R. The range is basically, 5 straw walker machines go up to 530, then 6 straw walker machines are 540,550,560. Narrow body rotary is 570 with 427hp C12 engine. The 580 is a wide bodied rotary. The the 600 is a wide bodied rotary like the 580 BUT the rotor design is different, kind of a hybrid between 570 and 580 types (augers and paddles with space above the rotor for the straw to loosen up a bit). Seemingly the concave on the main drum is different as well and it has much larger grain conveying equipment and a larger grain tank. You can also get terra-tracs on all of the wide bodied machines and hillside levelling on 530, 560 and 570. Hope this helps. Col

Coors_light

When you refer to the 600 rotors being a "hybrid" between the 570 and 580 types you are undoubtedly referring to the flighted front rotor intake section and the separation paddles over the lenght of the separation (grated) portion of the rotors! The 590R has the same type of rotors, as do the 560R, 570R and 580R (narrow body - North American version). The CAT has a choice of main concaves for the types of crops it will be in (N7_18 small seed and grains or the N18 for corn, soybeans, etc. with other options available via parts).

col

Ah well you see, over here the 580 has the auger style flights right along the rotor, whereas the 570 has tines like the cts, don't have corn over here so can't comment on concaves and the 600 is a combo of the two (seemingly). Anyway some of the 600's out this year have managed spot rates of over 100 tonnes per hour, whereas our 570 can get up to 65-70 in a good crop of wheat. Only a few years ago 40 tph was good!