Combines Mapping with 485

justapurrin

stay with the ag leader there moisture moniter actually works!

land_Surfer

I wouldn't say that. The lexion yield monitor is the easiest yield monitor on the market to calibrate and maintain accuracy. There is no need to differentiate between high moisture and low moisture crops either. If the moisture sensor is not operating correctly it is because it is not being cleaned off on a regular basis (blow it off when you blow your combine off daily or every other day - an Ag leader will skew readings nearly evertime because of grain fines and debris build-up in the auger tube will not completely clean out and humidity builds up as ambient moisutre settles in) or the check valve in the center of the solenoid is not turned all the way out. If it is turned in any at all, it will not supply enough pressure to the cylinder to retract, especially in high mouisture conditions. If you do those two things youy will not have a problem with your system. I have ran one 5 season and yet to miss a lick.

justapurrin

maybe you should direct you info to claas because we have 3 combines that the moisture meter WIll NOT WORK and they can't tell us how to fix them for the last 2 years! we jacked with the pressure and cleaned the stupid thing several times an hour and it still doesn't work, put on all new pieces along with software to no avail, were about done with there yeild and moisture moniters completely

hop_a_l

My quantimeter lasted 1 field last year, tried replacing the "eyes" in the elevator, no luck. After talking with the boys in Omaha they told me to go with the agleader so that the data will transfer to my other equipment.

land_Surfer

Do you have any idea why your monitor didn't work after 1 fieldIJ There's probably not even anything wrong with it. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. If after only one field, why didn't you it fixed, atleast under warranty if you had it!!! I use the lexion yield mapping system and have zero problems with monitor accuracy or transferring data. You better learn how to use your hardware and software. Anyone who spends that kind of money for a yield monitor to only let it work for one field and then not repair it has some personal problems.

hop_a_l

For not knowing me you are awfully mouthy. You remind me of the 16 year old we have working for us. 1. Spent several phone calls talking with our Cat dealers combine mechanic and had another cat mechanic look into it. Plan was to fix it before this upcoming season. But will not now. 2. The combine is a 2001 w_ over 3000 engine hrs, it was an option that did not matter wether it had it or not. 3. Don't have time to stop when the crop is ripe, what would you choose finish the crop or spend hours_big money working on electronic garbage that can be fixed in the off seasonIJ

land_Surfer

What are some of the symptoms you are experiencing while using your monitorIJ

hop_a_l

I don't remember the excate warning but it's something like. "Yeild monitor eyes are dirty, please clean"

land_Surfer

The inside sensor (with the green light) is the sending sensor and the outside sensor (with the red light) is the receiving sensor. When the elevator is running, the red light should be flashing (one flash per paddle passing by the sensor). If not, probably a faulty sensor. If lenses are dirty, that could also be due to scratched lenses. The lenses typically last about one good season, maybe two depending on crop rotation and soil type. Make sure you change out both (sender and receiver),about $60 pair, can't remember what mine cost. The yield sensor controls the moisture sensor. Once lenses have been changed perform the set zero yield function under the scale icon with the separator and feederhouse running at full throttle. This is the zero cal. funtion and initializes the sensors. If the warning continues, you could have a bad sensor. There is also the possibility that the ECM is bad too, might need reflashed or replaced. 1) Replace lenses (both) 2) check for a green and red light on the sensors and make sure that the red light is flashing when the elevator is operating a full throttle 3) Set zero yield (zero cal.) 4) following the zer cal. function, turn off seperator and notice if the moisture sensor activates (it should perform a system check once the separator is tuned off. The cylinder will activate indicating the system check. 5) Make sure that the moisture sensor set screw is turned all the way out At the most all of this will cost a few hundered dollars vs. a few thousand to get a new system.

hop_a_l

I think you missed, in the first post, the part about it costing the same to make mine mapping and a complete new set costing the same. I don't have the reciever, or anyway to get the data out of CEBIS, no printer, card reader, etc.