Combines Challenger 680B

Illinois_Gleaner

No just dont like the additude about gleaners.He was making comments that sounds like he is better then someone that might drive a gleaner. I for one drive gleaners,and neither of you are any better then me because you choose another color to drive.They are silver seeders,if you arent smart enough to set them,and they have been painted since 98. Now how does that make me grumpyIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJAnother guy said Gleaner even gave up on the break aways. Well they havent I wouldnt trade my swivel for a turrent,I like simplicity,I guess that is why I drive gleaners in the first place Have a good one IG

MostlyGreen

Actually, I didn't think he (justapurrin) came across as being better than anyone else, but "to each thier own". IG, your posts are usually a little more proactive; - I hope everything is going okay for you. My brother still has a Gleaner; - I converted to Deere a few years back. We both still like the Gleaner, but it's the dealer we have problems with. We lost All of our legacy Gleaner dealers, though we still have an excellent Massey dealer.

MF_9790

Hey, So what combine do you have nowIJ Have you tried the new MF'sIJ MF 9790

justapurrin

your right im not trying to bend anyone out of shape!! nothing wrong with a silver seeder!! every machine has its defficencies and short commings, the claas and challenger have plenty, just like a gleaner! just trying to inform the guy that asked the first question!

northernfarmer

fine: I agree with You but when have I ever come across as thinking I'm better because I run another color. You Gleaner boys have done something I wish the Massey guys would.. let everyone know how to improve the machines with a few mods. I admit I've taken a few swings at the Greenies but no one else......Neil

Mostlygreen

I now have a 9660STS; - stepped-up from a used 9650STS which I originally traded my R62 for. I'm happy with the Deere, though the simplicity of the Challenger_Massey design has me intrigued. The service levels of our local Gleaner dealer leaves much to be desired, though we have 2 excellent Massey dealers locally. I will DEFINITElY be trying out a Massey the next time I'm ready to deal; - no question!

Case_Farmer

Just got done reading all of those post... And i guess my question is So CAn you buy Brand new CAt combines... who's makeing them And if its not backed by agco (maybe it is) then how's it going to lastIJ That might come across like a dumb question but in my area there are only really old gleaners NO massey combines and just a few older cat's.. So im just curious to what is the story on Cat combines as of right now Thanks

Illinois_Gleaner

I am no expert, but as far as I know. The Cat combine is a Claus painted yellow with a Cat motor,sold and serviced by Cat dealers. The Challenger combine is a Massey combine with a Cat engine painted yellow,sold and serviced be Cat dealers IG