Combines JD Hydroflex on 470RIJ

Cutter

If you like the HydraFlex, then you will love the MaxFlex lexion platform! The MaxFlex heads have greater flexability; dual SCH knife drives so they are very quiet and fast; a split table auger that never barks on stipper plates when the sun shines on it (it's stripper plates are adjustable from the rear of the header too). There are many more advantages to the MaxFlex head over the HydraFlex.

Cutter

It'll go on better than a HydraFlex. The MAxFlex will hang on the front of any lexion feederhouse, it just won't have any cutter bar angle adjustment (neither will the hydra flex) and you will need to purchase the larger lift cylinders (if it doesn't already have them)and a new hydraulic and electronic adapter. If you want to adjust the cutter bar angle (and everyone does some time) of either the MaxFlex or HydraFlex, you will still need to purchase the HP feederhouse. But, with all of that cost, you might as well buy a new combine. I bet all that combined will be over $25K. Putting a hydraflex on a lxion will be useless without cutterbar angle adjustment that is on the feederhouse, not the header.

hop_a_l

If you are going to all that trouble of adapting to newer head why not look in to a draperIJIJIJIJ MacDons come with the cutterbar angle adjuster built in. It would be a matter of a couple hrs to mount a MD vs days and big bucks to do all that stuff with hydrolic preasure skid plates ect.

FarmBuddy

I agree that the Maxflex is the better head, but then I have a bias in favor of the center supported auger. A complete ClAD system will even be better. Also sure hope we can all support CHIS (Combine Header Interface Standardization) proposal ASABE 055008 so we don't have all these header option and interface obstacles forever. Sure makes us appreciate the convenience of ASABE standards in place for tractor 3 point hitch and PTOs. Wonder why it has not been done for combines by nowIJ