Combines IJ for tobaboy

tobaboy

Crops are pretty good. We haven't done any Canola at Rapid City yet, but the Canola at Brandon only did 30, it was on the east side and missed most of that big June 30 rain, I suspect that there will be some 40+ Canola at RC, but I've been high on my estimates all fall, the only surprise has been in the peas. Wheat at Brandon did 55, Wheat at RC has been okay so far, the early stuff is running in the high forties to mid fifties. Overall I'm surprised at how the heat hurt the wheat, when I was trying to figure up yields I was drawing comparisons to the summer of '03, but I think the difference between 03 and 06 is that the heat came earlier this year, in 03 July wasn't actually that bad, it was august. How are things out your wayIJ What sort of questions do you have about the lexionIJ For the most part we like ours, the only thing I wish is that the rotor filler plates could be adjusted automatically so you could fine tune your settings throughout the day. This is our sixth year running a lexion and have had very little problems, except for the hydro going out of our 480r in the first 20 hours of use. Sometimes I find it challenging to perfect the settings in wheat, in canola its very easy. Under normal crop conditions we're averaging 18-19 acres an hour, last year it was more like 22, but the crop was poor. Are you thinking of getting oneIJ Perhaps you should get a 590:)

grimreeper

We are looking at getting ride of our N6 and 9700 we are keeping the 72 tho. We just wanted to now how easy are they to switch from crop to crop, are they easy to work on, what kind of problem do you have withthem, how long do you have to wait for parts, what is the yield and moistor and mapping like on the machine. The crops here are just average we have missed alot of the rains as well. What we thought was going to be good yields is turning out to be just average, and it dose not help that the price sucks.

tobaboy

The yield monitor is very accurate in giving total bushels harvested, but the read out across the field is all over the place, I would probably look at other options. The moisture meter is alright, we don't do any mapping so I couldn't tell you anything about that. They are very easy to switch from crop to crop, all the settings are done from the cab and you can save the settings. There is a wind board you adjust for light seeded crops like canola but its a 10 second job. Putting the cylinder in and out of low range for pulses is the most time consuming operation, but it too is pretty quick so long as the plastic bushings on the bolts don't start sliding off. Except for the hydro, we've never had to wait for parts, but if you do they lend you a machine anyways, so your never stuck. We never really work on our machine so I can't tell you much about how hard they are to work on. The few belts we've changed have been easy fairly easy, we've snapped the APS belt twice in 6 years, both times it was our fault. We've had to change the chopper belts on our MAV a few times, but thats an after market addition. Compared with your 72 you would see the biggest improvement under tough conditions and in canola. I'm not sure if you've demoed against a 9860 or 970 but the 480r did more then the 9860 during the day and at night, about the same as the 970 during the day, but more at night. Overall I like the machine, its solid, well built and dependable, like I said before I wish you could install the rotor filler plates from the cab. I also wish the hopper was bigger, but the 500 series has addressed this. I'll post some more comments when I remember them, obviously no machine is perfect.