Combines lexion is on top of things

rod

That forward sloping roof also hinges forward to dump the grain back on to the header. The hopper is very waterproof when closed. The tank needs some kind of ladder to get in though. They don't want us in there, but the cab window hinges into the tank to clean and if you plug the beater in front of the rotors you need to unplug it from inside the tank.

FarmBuddy

We've been picking corn last week, and started on some soybeans yesterday. Still pretty wet, beans are 16-17% moisture. lexion had CEBIS and IMO display with great features such "percent engine load" and "written failure _ alarm discriptions" "integrated operator manual" since its introduction in 1997. The Claas lexion technology for a full decade now. JD's limited corner display still only gives failure codes, some of which can be found in the paper OM (most can't). I wonder if that has been done to maintain the JD "Service Department Revenue" streamIJ Having spent a lot of time running, lexions and red and green machines for Machinerylink and local harvesting, I really do miss the % engine loading when in a STS, especially in damp green stem beans, hills and muddy fields, and while unloading - guess about all the time. Thanks for your innovative leadership Helmut Claas et al.

farmert

why do I hear all these good things from my zeigler guy and others. but the ones that are around seem to be always broke. or the dealer is bringing out another combine while they work on itIJ waiting for parts from who knows whereIJ this is not hearsay first hand knowledge and it's a 500 machine. lots of moving parts=trouble combine 101 page 1 they are a hell of a machine but this worries me

bob

you and me both. I am tempted to buy one, price is right. But bad bad past nightmares keep popping into my mind. Got an 865 challenger that the air has never worked on,been fixxed half a dozen times and we are running it with door open. Theres cat service in a nutshell.

Northern

As machines progress, they get faster, more complicated, and more reliable. look under your car hood today, lots of stuff but more reliable than a car built 20 years ago. Service and part availabilty will improve as new brands get established (referring to Cat and New Holland combines).

Case_Farmer

As technology progress's things get more complicatedIJIJIJ Heck ...Deere finally made a better combine and they actually simplified things.... :) Sure you can complicate things..-Kinda like White tractor engine...Hercules or whatever or you can simplify it like a cummins Its all about design....

FarmBuddy

WA Johnson offers a Feederhouse Debris Bib that deflects fodder, leaves, straw, etc from the top of the feederhouse forward into the header. We used one this fall and it worked very well. Attaches to the base of the cab _ steps with two eyebolts provided in the kit. Two springs keep the poly tarp tight. large magnets attach the front just below and ahead of the top beam. Keeps grain, rain, and debris off of the top of the feederhouse all day long. Everyone seemed to like it. Not sure if they have a kit available on the market yet for lexion. Similar solutions in Australia use a more complex sping loaded roller like a venitian blind.