Combines combines

lONGFEllOW

I've seen a lot of combine "drivers" try to go fast to put on a show. lets "operate" the combine. lets do a good job, put the crop in the grain tank, not on the ground for next years seed. I have seen all colors going too fast because the operator doesn't know how to adjust it. I have seen lots of operators drive slower than they have to because that is how they have always done it. Your question is pretty broad. I have seen them go 18 MPH on the road. Yes on the road. Some farmers will road an 8 row head and 20 foot platform. Or did you mean in the fieldIJIJ I've been in 9500's at 6 mph and better. Now what kind of corn are you talkingIJIJ 100 bushel...200 bushelIJIJ like I said this is a pretty broad question.

dingo

Well Johnny I can understand how longfellow was trying to be a bit smart with his comment but I'll try and help you out.

farm_boy

the 480 cat against a 9610 or a 2388 is no contest. the cat will smoke and I mean SMOKE both of them machines on their best day. Even a 460 will walk the case or the deere 9610. Believe me if anybody tells you different they need to actually get there head out of the sand and look at them side by side. As far as price, talked to a farmer today that got a trade price trading in his 2388 on a cat and his words were" they wernt as bad as everyone says"

skinnyfarmer

The price difference between a 93 and 94 would most likely depend on the seperator hours. About the only difference in the machine is that a 94 model has a three stage throttle, instead of two stage.

homer

Both the '93 and '94 9600 has a 3 stage throttle. I believe that update was done in '91.

JD_Tech

In regards to the capacity of a 9650 STS compared to a 9600.

JR

I have had 2 of them for 21 years cutting rice and soybeans.Overall I have spent very little money on them,great machines.I am thinking about selling and going to 1 jd 9600, but hate to spend the money with the uncertainty of our new farm program.