Tractors Not a Blah Car: Tesla Teases Model X Ahead of Feb 9 Reveal

aginfo

For a company that currently has nothing actually for sale, Tesla is doing all they can to keep the hype mill a-churnin?. But hey, the electric vehicle company was born out of Silicon Valley and pre-launch buzz is the Valley Way!

Don?t get me wrong, however: I?m excited for the Model X reveal! (Though I?d gladly skip it for a month behind the wheel of a Model S.)

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk tweeted Friday that his company?s newest vehicle, the Model X electric crossover, will be revealed in-person and via live webcast February 9 at 8pm Pacific Time. Actual delivery dates for the first Model Xs are currently scheduled for ?late 2013.? Musk also promised that the Tesla X will not be a ?blah? car.

Tesla Motors Club forums user Laurent posted the above ?enhanced? (high contrast) version of the Model X teaser photo. The image shows a swoopy vehicle with a sloped roofline that looks to be taller than that of the Model S sedan whose design language it clearly shares. While it?s impossible to tell from this image how high off the ground the vehicle rides ? or how tall it is overall ? forum users like are already weighing in on the possibilities:

Read more at http://www.technobuffalo.com/miscel...r-tesla-teases-model-x-ahead-of-feb-9-reveal/