Auction Machinery Pete

notafarmer

2008 JD 9630 4WD tractor with 2250 hours sold for $184,200 on IQBID.COM online auction Monday - 5/12/2012

TALKING SKID STEERS & GRAIN TRUCKS
Just sitting here entering sale price data into our "auction results" database from an IQBID.com online auction held on Monday (May 8, 2012). IQBID.COM is the online auction arm of Steffess Auctioneers out of Fargo, ND. They have listings in their IQBID.COM online auctions from across the upper Midwest. 1 of the items that caught my eye from their online auction Monday was a 2000 Bobcat 873 skid steer with 2886 hours. It sold for $16,500. That sale price seemed pretty strong to me, but to be sure I hopped into our "auction results" and punched up 873's.....I was right, $16,500 is a strong sale price. Values on good used SKID STEERS have definitely been on the RISE here the past 12+ months after bottoming out back in 2009-2010 after the meltdown in the general economy + the struggles in the cattle & dairy sectors of the ag market. But now values on used SKID STEERS have getting stronger as evidenced by RISING auction sale prices. $16,500 if the 5th highest auction price I've seen on a Bobcat 873 going back to Jan. 2005. Here's a list of the (3) highest auction sale prices:

$18,000: 1/18/08 auction, south-central Kansas, 2001 model, 2799 hours
$25,500: 3/15/07 auction, west-central Nebraska, 2000 model, 340 hours
$23,500: 6/11/05 auction, south-central South Dakota, 2001 model, 680 hours

SKID STEERS are a great example of how used values gyrate up & down. Of course with most types of used farm equipment here the past 5 years or so used values have done nothing but GO UP, UP, UP. Things look very ++ for ag going forward....but we all know markets go up & down. That's true for all markets, even the used farm equipment market. With the $$'s involved today it just becomes more & more vital to really stay on top of these fluctuating used equipment values, not only to avoid big buying/selling/trading $$ mistakes, but also just to keep a handle on your net worth. Keeping you on top of fluctuating used equipment values, that's been my mission here at MachineryPete now for 22 1/2 years. So we'll keep cranking the very latest auction sale price data, from auctions all over North America, on all types of equipment into our "auction results" database....over 306,000 sale prices in there today....LOTS more being entered each & every day.

More at http://www.machinerypete.com/Blog/Default.aspx?ppovId=208