Combines Air reel

Farkle

I have heard about the Crary 36' header but we are not talking about the header we are talking strictly air reels as an add on. Putting more dust and dirt into the beans is a bunch of bunk. Bearings waring out faster because of air reels---bunk. Try doing edibles without an air reel. Try doing short beans without an air reel and you are tossing your money into the wind. If you have that kind of cash around so be it but air reels work and they are a must in beans.

cryseed

we run a Crary air we love it and wouldn't think of doing beans without it have it on a 1020 25ft IH . the neighbors had us do some of there beans this fall because they we to short to get without a air reel good luck!!!

magnum_man

I think it would be a good idea to have a perforated back. We had trouble blowing all kinds of trash up on the feeder house and steps in drought stressed beans with leaves on. They would plug up the rotating screen on fan. What a pain.

R_O_M

Similar problem on a 500 series 30ft head in light pulse crops i.e. peas, lentils etc.. light RHS frame was made extending about 15 inches or so, horizontally out from the top of the main top frame of the header. The frame stops about mid auger diameter and just clears the flights. Frame is covered with chicken wire or small opening wire netting. Allows air through up the back of the auger with out the trash. Kept light material plus seed in the header. Disadvantages; will eventually build up with trash on top of the wire netting, stopping airflow through the netting and needs regular cleaning. Cuts visibility to the back of the auger. Cheap and got us out of a short term problem so may help you. Cheers.

Bull73o

Crary told us to tee in to the fan tube that is stationary(not the flex hose) with a 1.25" hose or so and run it up to the feder house. Mounting the hose on the feeder house so it will blow off any build up and keep things cleaned off.

NDDan

We have went with Crary air reel on all of ours for many years. It is the ticket other than being dirty. The HP it consumes is well worth it for it allows to to go when tough and feeds machine so much more uniform. When you do not need the air just remove driveshaft and cover screen. This will save some HP and prevent the wear and tear on blower and gearbox. We have only used Crary air reel so have no experience with air bar. I would rather stay with HCC reel and put air bar in front of it but don't know what results would be. The later HCC reels had the steggered fingers which is great and are clean and quite. If the air bar worked as well as air reel it would surely be the ticket. Although the drapers are great it is hard to beat the simplicity of auger head with the 7" flighting plus by adding the air you will save some shelling of beans. You do see guys wanting to put air on thier drapers and that seems kind of counter productive for the reason you put out the cash for a draper.