Combines Air reel

Kenc

I have no experience with an 800 series. I did however add a Crary air reel to my almost new 500 series when I bought it last fall. It is definitely one of the best add-ons I've ever purchased. I am strickly a corn_soybean farmer.

Dan

I'll double Kens' remarks. We have Crary air reels on most all the 800s that we sold. We cut lots of wheat flat on the ground to standing high and very shot beans to very high and very dry to soaking wet. It worked wonderfully. Maybe the most important thing you can do for your combine is to feed it smoothly and even. If you have a 700 or 800 header check just ahead of rear stripper underneath it to see if there is a bolt protruding threw with a nut on it. It will be very close to discharge opening and I would remove it for it will disrupt flow badly. Also be sure to slide filler between header and feeder to fill in the slot between the two. Good luck in whatever you do. Dan

Brian

The Crary Air Reel is fantastic. Have no expereince with 800 sereis head, but am sure it is a worthwhile investment. Since Agco seems to buy so many shortline companies, I think they should buy Crary too and make them standard equipment!!!!Brian

Gamaman

The air reel really works. I put one on a number of years ago when I was anticipating shorter than average beans. This year the beans will be the shortest I've ever had. If you don't have the time or money to put an air reel on this fall, some type of void filler would be advisable. The hose mod mentioned in previous posts or a set of raised feathering sheets through your dealer. Have a safe harvest

FARKlE

It depends on what you are doing. I like the Crary Finger Air Reel the best for it will work in all crops and all conditions. If you go to the out front mount system Crary's CWS or the AWS, you run into problems when it comes to down grain crops. The Finger Air Reel is a bit more money but in my opinion still the best buy for the money and there is not any of this taking it off and on like some do when they head to the field to do grain.

max_doubt

From what I have read you will be happier with the air reel. I believe I would try it one year and if you don't like it shut the air off. My guess is it will function like any other reel with the air shut off. This might be a blessing in disguise. Now I will shut up and see what others say. Best of luck.

NowGleaner7

I have an air reel from AWS (out front of the reel).The first week I had it I wondered why I spent all that money but after I adjusted it properly I would not part with it at all. It allows you to keep the cutterbar visible and you eliminate slugging in short beans. The angle the air hits the head is very critical and the ability to vary the amount of air. Good luck, Dave

IowaDan

I would talk to the guy that ran the combine and see what he thought. The guys I've talked to that have them just love'em. I would like to put one on my 800 series header but they are very expensive (several thousand dollars),so if you think it's in good shape and priced right, you're probably getting a heck of a deal. Good luck and let us know how you get along with it.

IowaDan

I would talk to the guy that ran the combine and see what he thought. The guys I've talked to that have them just love'em. I would like to put one on my 800 series header but they are very expensive (several thousand dollars),so if you think it's in good shape and priced right, you're probably getting a heck of a deal. Good luck and let us know how you get along with it.

strawwalker

I've been running a Crary Air reel on my 520 flex head for about 5 years...once you try it you will never go back to a standard reel...no more feeding problems.