Saskatchewan Ag Minister, Lyle Stewart

frank

Last week the Saskatchewan provincial government shuffled the cabinet. Whenever this happens farmers peer in with anticipation of a trade up or a trade down in the quality of the Agriculture Minister. This week at the Saskatchewan Stock Growers AGM I had the chance to listen to the very first address of the new Saskatchewan Agriculture Minister, Lyle Stewart.

As a rancher himself, the new minister was welcomed with some pretty warm arms at the Saskatchewan Stock Growers meeting.
o be honest I found Mr Stewart quite refreshing. He was nervous in his first address to the group but approached the group with honesty on some of the opportunities and challenges ahead.

When asked about his long term vision, the Minister admitted,

"I just found out late Thursday night about the appointment, I was sworn in on Friday and now its Monday so I will tell you that we will focus on the things that must be done immediately and how about I get back to you on the long term vision next week." (the crowd laughed)

Read more at http://www.realagriculture.com/2012...of-new-saskatchewan-ag-minister-lyle-stewart/