Auction Machinery Pete

henry

1998 MF 8160 MFWD Tractor with 2885 hours sold for $58,000 (record price) on north-central Iowa farm sale today - 6/27/2012

MASSEY FERGUSON TRACTORS SELL VERY HIGH
Color? Doesn't matter. If a used Tractor is in very good condition...its plain & simple worth more $$ now. More proof came today down in Dows, IA on a farm retirement auction by my friends at Ryerson Auction & Realty. Today's sale featured a 1998 MF 8160 MFWD tractor with 2885 hours and a 1982 MF 4800 4WD bareback tractor with 6420 hours. Each tractor was in very, very nice shape and and had been cared for exceedingly well by owners Arne & Cindy Anderson. Here's a Youtube video I just posted with highlights from today's sale:

[video=youtube;jl5jRN9Xw6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jl5jRN9Xw6I[/video]

So (2) more new RECORD HIGH AUCTION SALE PRICES on both the Massey Ferguson Tractors on today's auction. I thought the 1987 MF 8560 rotary combine with 4866 hours also sold very well ($14,250, no heads). What else struck me on today's sale? Well, it was nearly 100 degrees so I'm glad heat stroke didn't strike me :) But I'd have to say the thing that REALLY stood out today was the absolutely FANTASTIC job owner Arne Anderson did representing all his equipment. If you've been following my Machinery Pete column in Successful Farming magazine over the years or watch our "Machinery Show" on RFD-TV, you know how I quite often get to rambling about the importance of ACCURATELY REPRESENTING used equipment for sale...well, Arne was Example A today. If a piece of equipment had an issue, even a slight minor issue...Arne pointed it out to all....BEFORE IT SOLD. At one point auctioneer Gene Ryerson kind of chuckled and said something to the effect of..."Geez Arne, you're making my job kinda tough here :)" All kidding aside, if you want to impart BUYER CONFIDENCE then do what Arne Anderson did today, tell it like it is. Don't sugarcoat. And look what happened....(2) new record high auction sale prices on the MF Tractors. Congrats on a great sale Arne & Cindy :)