GM Soybean Seeds Have Revolutionized the Crop in Four Different Countries

henry

Argentina Publishes Comparative Study of GM and Conventional Soybean Crops

By Amanda Brodhagen, Farms.com

Argentine Ministry of Agriculture publishes results of a comparative study between Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay on growing genetically modified (GM) soybeans and conventional soybeans

Almost 50 percent of the world?s soybean production is grown in four countries - Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. A new study released by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries of Argentine (MAGP) and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) compared the countries soybean production of GM soybeans to conventional soybeans

The study concluded that GM seed cultivation has a positive environmental aspect when compared to conventional soybean cultivation. Growing GM soybeans were found to reduce soil erosion, improve plant nutrition and reduce the amount of fertilizer needed for application which is correlated with nitrous oxide emissions.

More at http://www.farms.com/ag-industry-ne...-different-countries-new-study-finds-683.aspx

JackieG

Most if not all GMO crops have not fulfilled their mandate.
Most farmers will not admit they were lied to and have been had.
Show me a farmer whose inputs went down and profits went up using GMO and I will show you a farmer fudging his books.

tscience

Soybean Crop Research: Soybean is one of the major cash crops in Iowa, USA, providing high amounts of protein and edible oil for both human and animal consumption. Growth of crops during the season is threatened by the presence of weeds and diseases, thus making the use of fungicides necessary. However, such chemicals are not allowed when organic farming is to be used. Hence a target of research is to discover some alternative methods of control which favor the soybean in more natural ways. Read more herer http://www.trivediscience.com/agriculture/agriculture_crop_projects/soybean-crop/

JackieG

Founded by A.W. Lenssen, It's a scholarly journal, you should go through the link for more information.
!
There are hoards of scholarly jounals out there.
Who funds them tells me just about everything I need to know.
I care less founded it.
I punched in Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture & Monsanto and VOILA!!!
Guess what?
Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture & Monsanto are in bed together.
Bum buddies....of sorts.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=vB0... Cooperation on Agriculture, Monsanto&f=false

JackieG

I was listening to CBC radio interview a former Agriculture Canada scientist today.
The guy just come unglued on Monsanto's Roundup.
He began with the history of Roundup where glysophate was invented in 1960 as a descaling agent for boilers.
Glysophate is a chelator of metals.
It was patented as such in 1964.
Then in 1969 Monsanto acquired it and began using it a herbicide in trials.
Then in 1974 it was marketed as a weed spray.
Then in the mid 90's it began to be sprayed on crops.
Roundup sprayed crops produce a food that does not have any available minerals.
Zero, none, all locked up.
This is the reason chronic toxicity is rampant in America and Canada.
He also said there is not a single lab in Canada that can test for toxic levels of Roundup in the body.
The scientist is in Regina this weekend.
I for see a huge class action law suit coming down the pipe the likes of never seen before.
And who will be the chief defendants?
Farmers.
All any farmer has to do is look at the last paragraph of the contract he signed with Monsanto.
The farmer will not hold Monsanto or its agents liable and will be solely responsible for any incidental, consequential and punitive damages caused by the use of Monsanto's products.
All the judge will do is ask the farmer if he signed on the line or....
Opened a bag of seed.