Auction What's my (*******) worth?

admin

Any piece of used farm equipment, put it up for sale...gavel falls, now we KNOW what its worth in that area on that day. Also important to know (not guess) at the bigger used value picture. So let's take Timpte 40' Grain Trailers as an example. Our auction sale price data tells me the AVE. AUCTION PRICE on the last (64) Timpte 40' Grain Trailers we've seen sold the past 2+ years = $20,564. Ok so now we have a starting point. How about what have the very nicest ones gone for? Back to our auction sale price data and I pull out these (2) highest auction sale prices we've seen on Timpte 40' Grain Trailers:
$35,000: 2010 model, sold on 2/27/13 south-central North Dakota farm sale

$36,000: 2009 model, sold on 12/16/08 farm sale in southeast Iowa....So a 2009 model sold on a 12/16/08 farm auction? Yep, I've seen this happen quite a few times actually. So now you KNOW the "hard cash" high end of the used market for Timpte 40' Grain Trailers...how about the LOW end? As we all know, it ain't all SHINY out there :) Again, back to our auction sale price data and I see over last few years the lowest auction sale prices on Timpte 40' Grain Trailers has been running in that $3100 - $5000 range. Now factor in such as condition of the one you are looking at or own, location (are values UP in this region, or DOWN?),what time of year is it (does this item tend to be worth MORE this time of year, or LESS? How much MORE or LESS?). Apply this same simple data driven approach to valuing any piece of used farm/construction equipment....we've got hard cash auction sale price data on all of it, updated daily, always new & interesting auction sale prices flowing in from all over. Good information is power.....takes away having to only rely on your gut instinct....definitely listen to your gut....but complement with good hard data and you'll come out ahead on your used equipment buy/sell/trade/appraisals......and SAVE $$$!
VIDEO: A LOOK AT CASEIH 8920 2WD TRACTOR VALUES OVER PAST 11 MO.
2 weeks ago (Sept. 28, 2013) I covered a nice farm retirement auction in Hubbard, IA (central Iowa). Very well maintained equipment on this sale, including a 1998 CaseIH 8920 2WD tractor with 3300 hours. Here's video footage of that 8920 selling + I start the video by highlighting the (3) new record high auction sale prices I've seen recently on 8920 2WD's:

[video=youtube;pqqgtndOhSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqqgtndOhSQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

More at http://www.machinerypete.com/Blog/Default.aspx