1 pinch dried thyme

1 pinch poultry seasoning

1 pinch dried basil

5 black peppercorns

2 bay leaves

1 pinch dried parsley

1 (8 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
[h=3]Directions[/h]
  1. Place chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Place celery leaves in pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and place in a bowl until cool enough to handle.
  2. Meanwhile, strain the cooking liquid, discard the celery tops and place the cooking liquid in a large pot. Place celery, carrots, onion, bouillon, soup mix and chicken broth in the pot and let simmer. Season with thyme, poultry seasoning, basil, peppercorns, bay leaves and parsley.
  3. Bone chicken and cut up meat into bite-size pieces. Return meat to pot. Cook until vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended, up to 90 minutes.
  4. Stir pasta into pot and cook 10 to 15 minutes more, until noodles are al dente. Serve hot.

Hertha Bucholtz

Sound interesting, I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

composedonion

Is it really? :) My son loves Chicken Soup and I'm gonna do this for him :eek:

waleed333

My son loves Chicken Soup and I'm gonna do this for him

Unwhan

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE ! I have tried it myself :) very yummyyy and healthy. I tried these healthy recipes first when I was trying to lose my weight and recipes like this are not only healthy but also very delicious. So If you're wondering how to lose belly fat fast, just try these.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 chicken (3 pounds) boned, skinned, and visible fat removed, diced, (save the bones and carcass)
Essence, recipe follows
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
4 bay leaves
2 cups assorted chopped fresh vegetables, such has beans, zucchini, yellow squash, or cabbage, small dice
1 1/2 cups torn spinach leaves, cleaned and stemmed
Pinch crushed red pepper
3 quarts chicken stock
1/4 pound long grain white rice, uncooked

In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil. Season the chicken with Essence. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, bones and carcass and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the meat and bones are brown. Remove the bones and carcass. Add the onions, celery, carrots, green onions, garlic, parsley, basil, and bay leaves. Season with Essence. Saute the vegetables for 4 minutes. Add the chopped vegetables, spinach, and crushed red pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add the stock and rice, bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Reseason if necessary. Serve hot.

Last edited:

thiensulayvo

Meanwhile, strain the cooking liquid, discard the celery tops and place the cooking liquid in a large pot. Place celery, carrots, onion, bouillon, soup mix and chicken broth in the pot and let simmer. Season with thyme, poultry seasoning, basil, peppercorns, bay leaves and parsley.
Thanks