Combines 8120 combine

Shorty

Has anyone put chips in their combine? Is steinbauer the best?

Caden

8120 help

Has anyone put chips in their combine? Is steinbauer the best?

Agritune USA. I am a salesman for agritune. If you are looking for all around performance, this is an excellent product. As a farmer myself, I am in the process of getting all my machines tuned. We remap your machines ECU. We configure a list of parameters such as; fueling, injection settings, torque limits and targets, boost pressure and a list of others. No added chips and no more piggy backing. We use resources that are already on your machine. The biggest threat to a machines motor is fuel usage & heat, as where we decrease both. We have warranty on our product as well and a customer satisfaction guarantee. Like us on Facebook! AgrituneUSA & CC Diesel Performance & Tuning LLC.

Hunter

We purchased a 09/8120 last year and put a Steinbaure chip on it this year and our hourly fuel consumption decreased between 4 and 5 gals/hour and was never short of power. We run a 36ft Macdon straight head on all our wheat and our crop this year was far better than last years. If that helps.

Caden

You are one of few! The problems with these chips is they only play with one parameter within these machines. I've ran chips on my farm for years until I started having major mechanical failures. When you start playing with one parameter, to make that machine jive at peak efficiency you need to calibrate every parameter to follow. I tuned an 8120 about a month ago. Guy was burning 1.8 gpa with a 40 ft macdon in some tough green beans. 3.5mph stock. After the tune this guy was burning 1.2 gpa and was all of a mile an hour faster. We've seen some crazy results! Glad to hear your chip is treating you well!
Kind regards,
Caden

Hunter

Caden, I would have to say your salesmanship is showing, sounds like you are trying to say your product is better than the Steinbeaur product. It is such a simple plug and play product and does what was desired by us, saving fuel with increased horsepower . Not sure why I would need to adjust other parameters for increased horsepower as 8120 is more or less a detuned 9120, same combine just less Hp.There is a lot of happy farmers in our area with these chips.

Caden

9120 & 8120 are not the same machine as they have different motors. 9120 has a 12.9l and 8120 has 10.3l. Good one i like to talk about is the 9.0l JD. For instance, an S660 & S670 are the same exact machine. All JD does is puts a software in the 660 to limit the horsepower you can use. So now lets just say you are in the market for a JD combine. Would you rather pay 20-30k more for a 670? Or have the option to buy a 660 for 20-30k less and have us open up that software to become a 670? In this case you just saved 20-30k and paid us a tenth of the price to turn that 660 into a 670. Steinbeaur chips are handy. Pros and cons to both. As a farmer myself, I won't run any more chips. I must have been the unlucky one with all the problems. In all honesty, remapping the ecu is better for the machine itself. Believe it or not, we take off hundreds of chips every year. I don't expect you to change your ways of how you farm but with the way farming is changing since the last few years, farmers are trying to find the best ways to make their operation as efficient as possible.