Combines field peas settings help plz ASAP 2388

digger

I have a 1688. I used these settings last year with standard rotor, changed to specialty rotor this year and am using most settings the same, except I lowered rotor speed a bit this year. I just started this year, did approx. 50 ac. and it is running about 42 bu_ac. 3 WW Concaves - Concave 3.5 - 4 Petersen adj. Chaffer - F-1_2 M-11_16 B-3_4 Shoe - 5_16 Rotor Speed - 290-300 Fan - 830

deadeye

We still can't get the rotor loss down low enough maybe we need the other ww concave and sp rotor but need to grind out the 400 acres this yr.

Jimmy_Clark

You could try pulling every third wire out your front concave. I have read others recommend this option if you have no wide wire concaves.

digger

I had an old set of narrow wire concaves. I removed every second wire, and just use those concaves for field peas. I took a load to the elevator the other day and I had .2% dockage and 1.2% splits. I attributed some of the splits to new rub bars and 32C temperature. Some peas are worse than others for splitting. The variety I have now are Mozart yellows, they are quite a bit better than the previous three varieties that I have grown. Good luck.