Combines Cutting Wheat 25 moisture

Farm_Kid2

It will probably grind it up pretty bad. At 25% I'm not sure you would say it was cracked, maybe smooshedIJ I've run wheat straw through the specialty rotor at night after a big dew when it was so wet and tough that it felt like rope, but it took at bunch of HP and a lot of grain rode out the back over the chaffer. It can be done, but why not let it dry down a bitIJ

DGJ

My experience of cutting wheat at high moisture here in the UK is that the settings you use are pretty much the same as normal just run the rotor as fast as you can without causing grain damage. The biggest difference you will find is your forward speed. The settings I normally use for wheat with a standard speciality rotor is rotor about 950 bottom sieve just about fully open top one at least 5_8" open and a fan speed of around 950, and travel as fast as the power will let you. Concave adjustment as wide as you can get away with and still achieve a good thresh.

Belt_breaker

I am in agreement with DGJ we reqularly cut at 22 - 30% with our 1640 I simply have the rotor going 1000+ rpm , keeping her relatively full the concave is set a lot further open than when working dry wheat (Farmkid2 problems) I keep the bottom sieve so I can fit my fore finger in and the top 3_4 open. in 4t _acre wheat with a 15ft head 1.7mph is good going I have blocked her once in 16 years (6hr to clear)+ belt. When it is later in the season I tend to keep the bed up and leave a bit of stubble (we try to bale everything) We lose very little over the back but it has taken a lot of trial and error to get it right. Other guys in the area have green trails folowing thier AF combines 6 weeks after they leave the field. hope this helps BB