Combines new combine

flying_Dutchman

next summer we get three new combines in holland and belgium, and 20 together in europe I heard

AJTIII

I'm not up to speed on the new machines but was wondering why not a new Massey or GleanerIJ AJTIII

Shadow

I don't know much about the TX but i do know the neighbor has three STS. He went from three 9600's to the STS in the middle of harvest and did nothing but swear at them the rest of the season. I dont know if he will keep them till next year.But check them out they may have fixed all the bugs by now.

Farm_Pro

I run 2 brand new 2000 year JD 9750 STS combines. No problems this year, I believe all the bugs where worked out. It seems to me that the 1999 models are the problem.

SilverTurnedGreen

If you're fond of conventionals, why don't you consider a Massey 8680IJ I have a Gleaner C62, which is identical to the Massey 8680, and I really like the combine. And I'm sure you would notice a moderate increase in capacity over your 860!

Blake

I agree with the previous poster. The gleaner or the massey are much simpler with alot less belts, bearings, and gearboxes.

scooter

I think your comments on single rotor (hopeIJ) is interesting. I happened over here from NH page and there everyone is worried about a single rotor. I was wondering why you are worriedIJ Do you base that on any experienceIJ I have been running a twin rotor since 1985 and now am on my 5th ( I think ) Twin Rotor. I quess I have been happy. I am convinced both of us will have a choice. I have toured the Grand Island plant twice and really believe New Holland can produce both a single and twin rotor combine in that facility. I do believe there will be a lot of commonality ( such as the new Case corn head is the New Holland head I have been running. This is to our advantage- New Holland is trying to spread fixed costs over as many units of production to keep their costs down. As farmers consolidate-our supplers are going to also. It is a fact of economics. Anyway- chekc out the New Holland combine page, I think you will see some of the new features which will also be on the next generation of Case combines. I also believe with a little mental adjustment and experience, we both would be happy in the other operators combine.

scooter

Check out the Jophn Deere part of the combine talk show- I have not heard much good about the STS ( about 2 to one against in local areas). I run a TRE 89 and have been very happy. Just check out NH. Not sure of your local dealerships, but that always makes a lot of differece.

scooter

I made a mistake the discussion was on the Caterpiller combine site. How many STS are being traded in. Also the model I run is a TR 89. Been running TR's since 1985

bookem

Hey scooter I do have quite a bit of experience with both machines and for the twin rotor concept around here they are worth what they weigh if you know what I mean.