Combines new combine

WFEOlI

The STS is a poor design. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy or even Saddam Hussein. That would be too cruel. If you want a conventional, you must consider the C62 and MF 8680 (same machine). They are less expensive than the TX from NH because TX's come from Belgium on a boat and the C62_MF 8680s are made here in the good ol' USA. The C62, I'm convinced, is the world's gift to conventional combines. Simple, quiet, and shocking capacity. It will outdo even the big TX 68 because of the 2 stage cleaning shoe and superior beater design. If looking at rotaries, again, stay away from the STS. If you must see for yourself, just invite your Gleaner, Massey, and Deere dealers to bring their rotary combines to your place for a little contest. See if the Deere dealer even shows; he probably won't but if he does, he'll get beat by both the Gleaner and the Massey, the two best rotaries on the market, bar none, enough said.

2rotorsrule

Nope, not all bugs are gone yet. Had STS prototype at our farm. Same custom combiner was at factory this last week. STS's that seem to start getting hours on them have problems with excessive wear. Check out a TR-99 is my suggestion.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

That is a no brainer, go with the tx machine. When the tx model was introduced back in the early 90's it was 10 years ahead of where the competition is today. With double knife drives on direct cut headers, state of the art hydraulic header, feader and also cylinder reverser, independent oscillating cleaning shoes, fine cut,wide spread, high inertia crop choppers, 40 plus engineering factor built into every component, high horsepower fuel efficient engines 275 and 325 hp on tx66 andtx68 respectively make these machines the norm for which North American combine manufactures should strive to build theirs on! Not to mention having a fiber optic and electronic combination self diagnostic electrical system.

mx270

about 2 years ago i seen a CIH experimental combine it had a 400bu grain tank it also had a 400 hp N14 cummins engine the auger would swing to either side of the combine to unload it had a 16 row corn head and did that thing harvest some corn it took 5 trucks to keep up with it the rotor was about 4ft longer than a 2366 has their next combine will be called the AFX or CBX thats what i been told

scooter

No - am sorry not sure. Do you like them or dislike them. I am trying to be optimistic. Change happens and none of us can stop it. I did not like the looks of the NH combine first time I saw it- too radical. I like whaat I see now. I am been that way when some new model cars or trucks come out. I hated the looks of the newest model Ford PU- like them a lot now. I even though I do not own one, hear the owners are pretty happy. That is what I am saying, most of us will be happy if we give it a chance. Not every one will be happy. By the way where are you located- I am in the eastern cornbelt.

bookem

Scooter , what I meant that I can count the number of Nem Hollands in my area on one hand they just don't hold their value like the red or green ones in my area and their relaibility is very poor. And for that new holland cornhead what a horsepower hungry head vs. the case-ih head . I'm located in the central cornbelt.

Rooster

9750sts, JD just introduced new models of combines two years ago, whatmore do you wantIJ think about how long the 9000 and 9010 series were out and the 20 series before that and that will give you a rough idea when to expect a new line_model. Typically, it is not uncommon to wait 10+ years before introduction.

kidroff

I imagine when combine sales start falling off Deere will introduce a new model. It might not be better but the new numbers on the side will keep people happy for a while. Why do you think they introduced the 9610 series no major differences between them and the 9600's just needed more sales.