Combines new combine

SilverTurnedGreen

I would be willing to pay CAT prices for an AGCO combine, if they resurrected the White 9720 design and improved upon it. My neighbor had one until 2 years ago (he passed away) and that machine was literally unbeatable; - I have never seen anything that could match it to this day. The best feature was it's simplicity!

blvfarmboy

Sounds like some of you guys are confused with the AGCO and Cat lines. AGCO only bought the tractor line and Claas bought Cat's interest in the lexion combines. Why would AGCO be painting the combines Cat yellowIJ My information comes from the mid-February 2002 issue of "Farm Industry News". The lexions will be painted yellow still and distributed solely by Cat Dealers.

Rockpicker

Have you seen the combine under the all of the side panels. It puts JD to shame on the complexity of the machine.

NHD

No I haven't seen the CR other than picturesof the outside.What do you mean about the complexity compared to a JD9600IJI do know that CNH is still working on designing a common platform on which to buildthe CR and the CIH combine. Grand Island plant is retooling this summer for building both.

Doubleclutch

Don- Do you know if they are going to continue the TR seriesIJ Pat

NHD

I think the last of the TR's are being built right now. I don't know of any TR-99's that are on dealer lots unsold. I do know of a TR-99 in E Neb. with only acouple of hundred hours that is for sale.I was sure hoping they would have some CR's out on demo this summer. But it doesn't sound like it.

Rockpicker

Open up the side panels and you will see everything under the sun. I might even find the kitchen sink in there. Pulleys and hydralic lines everywhere and lots of moving parts. I don't think you could see the "actual" side of the combine beyond all of the stuff. I compared the TX series brochures to the CR ones and it looks like they didn't change very much. Just the cab and styling. Probably alot of minor improvements. Not bashing the CR. They probably will be great combines. I just think the simplicity of rotaries are the way to go.

scooter

Our dealer in Ohio says they will get a CR for demoing- I think around late wheat harvest or something. The TR's are done. I think Grand Island is already shut down for major retooling for new machines.