Combines new combine

wheatwacker

lets talk more about combines been on this site 7 8 years now and learn lots so lets get going this year we are running 2 r 62 and the old standby 1984 n6 cant wait to get going we are going to show the jd boys what is going on lots of jds around here that gives pretty good service i quess they need it...

Kurt

I was waiting to hear somebody elses report. But I will go first. We got a new S77, put our 36 foot draper head on it. Then we lost most of our wheat. Only cut 380 acres, didn't even seem like I got it shined up very well. I did seem like it was going to take a lot of the DEF. Used about 15 gallons for that 380 acres. The wheat we had left averaged 55 bushels per acre. So good heavy wheat. Combine cleaned and seperated very well, no complaints there. The unloading auger didn't want to retract loaded. Was told to grease it better, but didn't try it loaded again until we get the pressure checked out. The a_c unit was weak, so also going to check out the charge. like the bigger grain bin, except when full the weight on the clean grain door was to much and it flexed down and messed up the yield sensor. I am not sure I saw an increase of 30% in production. I was only averageing 1200-1300 bushels an hour. I am looking forward to picking corn with it as I will be able to tell then if it can produce more bushels per hour. Kurt

tbeck

I agree, Ed- Williston is pretty much a madhouse! In taking the Mrs to Bismarck to doctor every 2 weeks, we've been taking the back highway from Sidney to Beach just to stay away from Williston. Prettier drive, too! So, one of those Super's isn't coming to live near Macon...IJ

Ed_Boysun

Neither of those is coming here. Prices on everything are crazy high in Williston. No oil wells or leases here so their prices are out of my league.

tbeck

I agree, even though the oil boom is taking hold in the McCabe country. I remember when I lived in a nice quiet country neighborhood...!