Combines unloading auger

chad88

i take it this is not the zerk that comes out of the side of the augerIJ i guess i don't know what your talking about.

guru

the auger should swing back and slightly lift to get in to the cradle has chad has already posted you may have to sit it in to the cradle and lower it with the threaded rod to fit snug just check also around the helmet for any sign of stress which is starting to show (helmet the right angle up in the swing area) hope this helps

canuck

I think the zirk in question is inside under cover on 14 and 1600 series and outside on 21_23 series

steamboat_will

It's in the valvebody. After years of dirty oil and heat they get worn and the oil bypasses not a lot you can do cheaply just keep pulling the lever.

skinnb

Brad, You might try reversing the hydraulic lines at the cylinder. This will make the auger swing backward but it may hold pressure and stay in. Just an idea.

todd08

If it is not in the cylinder a double piloted check valve will fix it for less than $50. I had on that I did this to. Way cheaper than fixing hyd stack valve.

cornman

my 1420 did exactly the same, grease it good, put a little grease on the resting pad,always us full engine speed,and best of all i found if you let every little bit unload it works perfectly.

fixerupper

The first thing that pops to my mind is grease,grease,grease. There are zerks at the pivot point of the turret and usually two of them quit taking grease. Grease with the auger out(you might have to help it) and then grease with the auger in. It might take several times. This might not be your problem, it might be an electrical problem,maybe the limit switch on the saddle or the limit switch on the turret but greasing will more than likely be the fix.

Camaro92Z

This may sound stupid but anyway, since you changed colors you might check and see if dealer or trucker put in the hitch pin clip that holds the auger in for transport or storage. It's on the cradel that supports the auger in the back position. Otherwise it can be electrical or a hydralic problem and that is beyond me. Good luck. Ted cenOH