Combines unloading auger

sharecropper

It's usually the limit switch on the turret. Get out your WD 40 and free it up so it snaps back on its own.

Farm_Kid2

The ram on the unloading auger doesn't have much leverage at all when folded, so anything that causes friction can keep it in. In addition to the other things to check, see if it is dragging too hard by picking up on it by hand while trying to unfold it. The rod on top can be adjusted so that it drags less. The most likely fix is a lot of grease on a regular basis to keep the ram from stalling out.

edo

last year I bought 1660 in Germany. Someone put additional safety switch in cab probably for prevention of unwanted swing out of unloading auger in road transport (and one for lift_lowering the header). The one for auger is on steering wheel console. Probably this is installed due to law requierments for germany market.

All_colours_turned_Yellow

Im not familiar with these machines but maybe it could be a fuse for the electric over hydraulic valve if it is equipped this way.

Bigtrakter

Edo, Well i have that problem also the header does not pick up ether were the two systems on the same safty swichIJ I do not see anything ovious but i will have to look closer

mudflats

There is a safety switch that if it doesn't read enough engine oil pressure it will disable the header lift. Don't know if the oil pressure gauge can read ok and still have this swith kick out if it malfunctions, never had it happen.

nascarfarmer

crack the fittings, could have air in the line, happened on our 1680s

brads

I just replaced the vertical augar tube because the rivets that hold the flange on wore out. Quite a job. Your augar maybe sagging because some the rivets are loose. I would check them out first.

George_2

Had a similar problem this fall after brushing the auger against a small tree branch accidentally with the auger out. Didn't even scratch the paint on the unloading auger tube. However the unloader swing cylinder rod ended up with a slight wow in it. Just enough so it wouldn't retract all the way. Ended up replacing the entire unloader swing cylinder and it works fine now. We also grease the 4 nipples on the swing turret every day.

George_2

Had a similar problem this fall after brushing the auger against a small tree branch accidentally with the auger out. Didn't even scratch the paint on the unloading auger tube. However the unloader swing cylinder rod ended up with a slight wow in it. Just enough so it wouldn't retract all the way. Ended up replacing the entire unloader swing cylinder and it works fine now. We also grease the 4 nipples on the swing turret every day.