Combines unloading auger

john_f

It was the flighting both the bin and the unloader augers flighting was bent back, so we straighten them and then reinforced them. The combine then worked very well, thanks for all your input John

bucko

I believe on later model r's that there is a device that is part of the hydraulic cylinder that slows the auger as it approaches the landing cradle. I know that NDDAN has posted on this site about this matter before.

tbran

the 'slipper ring' has come off - open cylinder and install 71357219 slipper ring also check valve 71352949 that screws into side. 71188821 is repaier kit

bucko

Hi tbran, can a 1984 N6 be converted to have this arrangementIJ That auger sure bangs down.

NDDan

All these machines have a .060 orfices in valve under each of the fittings that hoses to swing cylinder hook to. I have found these to be loose or floating under the fitting. I have sometimes removed these orfices and bronzed fitting solid. Then I drill .050 hole threw bronze on the N series. This slows down the swing and shouldn't slow so fast that auto swing can't make complete stoke prior to shuting off. Early cylinders had a ball check in base end of swing cylinder that was held in with a star clip. This clip could come out and then ball will not be doing its job. Newer end caps have ball held in with roll pin thus it can not come out.